New Poll on Front Page

What type of operating system architecture do you run on your primary machine? Please feel free to comment with the specific OS.

I personally run Vista x64.

I dual-boot Vista x86 and Vista x64 (mainly for playing Crysis and rendering HD content in AfterEffects). After Vista SP1 comes out, I will switch full-time to Vista 64-bit - OneCare will be native 64-bit, Creative and nVidia's drivers are decent, and the new Zune software supports it.

System 1 (mine):

Mac OS X 10.4 (I think technically 32-bit, but with a fat-free, vitamin-fortified 64-bit glaze) on 64-bit PPC970.

System 2 (mine/family media box):

Mac OS X 10.4 on 32-bit PPC G4

System 3 (mine):

Dual-boot Win2000 Pro x86, Xubuntu Feisty i386, on x86

System 4 (mum's husband's notebook):

WinXP Pro x86 on x86

System 5 (brother's PC):

WinXP Pro x86 on x86_64/amd64

System 6 (my notebook):

Dual-boot WinXP Pro, Ubuntu Gutsy i386, on x86_64/amd64.

Only using 32-bit gutsy because I'd heard the x86_64 version had some driver troubles, and the Great Hynerian Gods know I've had enough frelling driver problems on that laptop for one lifetime already. Gutsy i386 runs like a dream, though, and I have no complaints. I might recompile some day and try the 64-bit version, but only when I feel like torturing myself.

32-bit Vista on this machine, 32-bit XP Pro on two laptops (mine and dad's), and 32-bit Windows 2000 (yes, Windows two thousand :p ) on his work laptop.

32-bit Vista Ultimate until more games are able to run on 64-bit OS's.

32bit programs run fine on a 64bit OS. A game running on a 32bit OS will run on a 64bit one. Basically, any game you can run on Vista 32bit I can run on Vista 64bit. The only possible problem could be drivers, but that has to do with what the manufacturer provides the consumer with.

Windows Vista 64-bit. It was a forced upgrade when I got my new system with 4GB of RAM, but I like it, no single complaint :)

WinXP 32Bits. I don't care of 64Bits, each time I tested it I fallen on one app that wasn't working in 64Bits.

With 32bits there's is no such things to care about.

32Bit on my mac, 32Bit on my PC (which has an x64 chip)

Tried 64Bit Linux, had too many issues with stability and inter-app dependencies (e.g. 32Bit flash with 64Bit Firefox is a headache)