[X360] Assassin's Creed

looks like I'm going to go to asda or tesco at midnight to pick this one up. Cannot wait toplay it, anyone know if there is any difference between the 360 and ps3 versions? Perfermace and gameplay wise?

360 gets achievements, less screen tearing, and better performance. Apparently in the first hour or so of the game, PS3 runs better, but by the end of the game is nearly unplayable by comparison.

not necessarily. i bet some people would agree with what IGN has to say about the game. it's just one of those titles that you should try for yourself to decide if you like it or not.

If you like

A.) Fun

B.) Awesome

you will like

C.) Assassin's Creed

Well I went out yesterday and bought it....

Hmmmm how can I say this... I was trying to force myself to like it ....

The story line I didnt like... The repetative gameplay is killin me... I cant take it much more...

The graphics I love though and the way the people interact with you is flawless.. :) ....

I dont know what it is about this game.... Its missing something...

There isnt any upgrades to weapons or outfits that I could see....

does anyone feel what im feeling about this game? This person on gamestop said it the best..

"This game, while very good, does not live up to the hype surrounding it's release.

1. The graphics are gorgeous - some of the best I've ever seen.

2. Interacting with the game world is awesome - the whole freerunning aspect is definitely a breakthrough in gaming and the cinematic cutscenes (including the ability to walk around during cutscenes) are pretty awesome.

3. If you complete all of the optional investigation missions (you don't have to) the game is one of THE MOST annoyingly repetitive games ever. Climb tower, look around, jump down, kill guards, rinse, repeat. Seriously. By the time you get to the 6th or 7th guy you have to kill, you really are just begging for it to be over.

4. The game DID freeze on me once.

It's a decent game - you'll probably enjoy it. Unfortunately, there's just not enough variety in the gameplay. Basically, start with Crackdown, add a dash of GTA and a hint of Splinter Cell, and you've got Assassin's Creed."

whats the point in climbing the towers? i did them all in the first city, i thnk some spots showed up on the map after the first 2 or 3 i climbed, but after that nothing. then i did all 12 in "the kingdom" the huge surrounding area connecting the cities...and i didnt get **** for it, nothing new on the map, no achievement, nothing. whats the point?

anyway, i just got to acre (decided to go there first) and im going the same **** i did in the first city. i can see how people say it can get repetitive, but its still fun :)

whats the point in climbing the towers? i did them all in the first city, i thnk some spots showed up on the map after the first 2 or 3 i climbed, but after that nothing. then i did all 12 in "the kingdom" the huge surrounding area connecting the cities...and i didnt get **** for it, nothing new on the map, no achievement, nothing. whats the point?

anyway, i just got to acre (decided to go there first) and im going the same **** i did in the first city. i can see how people say it can get repetitive, but its still fun :)

Slane is correct, You need to climb every view point for the achievement. This means, All of them in every memory + the kingdom ones you have already mentioned.

As for the post above about weapons and armor, what do you want an MMO? :p Just enjoy the game, its a gem =).

It really is.

Has anyone else noticed how the guards chase/fight differently from town to town?

Seems jersualem guards stronger fighters and weak chaser while Acre guards seem to be weaker, but excellent chasers? Seems that way to me, at least. Had no problem losing Jersualem guards, but the Acre ones are staying on my ass no matter how many walls I scale, how fast, or anything.

just came back from a friend playing it. We rented ps3 version because he didn't have any xbox360 copy left at his job.

and it's officially on the game of the year list !!

PS3 version had a 2 minutes installation of data to the HDD. (for the first bootup) Perhaps to cut time some time

because of the usual excessive Blu-ray loading, they felt the need to do that. One of the cons for the ps3 version.

Shes a hottie.

How old is she?

to those who wants to see her history .... Jade's Bio

she has a lot more background that I was thinking. And I remember seeing her when I went to beta-test the first

Far Cry Instinct game early 2005.

I just picked up the game from game and got a free t-shirt! with a hood! :p

Also went to pay with my reward card and i was told i got ?10 on it so i got the game for ?30 in the en:):)

Will play it in a bit and see how good it really i:):)

im in love :wub:

So are a lot of people. I remember watching on Gamer.tv where a few reporters went to a conference from Ubisoft hoping that Jade would be there, she wasn't. :p

I'm still not not sure about getting AS, i've heard some good reviews and some bad reviews. I might get it down the line sometime.

Well i just played it for 20 minutes and wow!

I can't wait to play some more later but from what i've played, it is so easy to pick up and play and the story while confusing is pretty in depth. All i want to do is climb stuff.

I just rang home to find out whether or not my copy had arrived, and was told that it hasn't. Play.com have ****ed me over, thanks play.

When i preorder from game.co.uk, I get the game the day before release, this time I used play.com because they had a good price on the collectors edition, and I don't even get it on ****ing release day. I mean, whats the ****ing point of preordering a game if It would be better to just go to the shops and actually get it on release date. The grea thing is here, because we in the UK get games released on Friday, i now have to wait until ****ING MONDAY! to get it. That is assuming that it even ****ing comes on monday. There goes my weekend of fun gaming with assassins creed that I was planning.

So thanks again play.com and **** you.

I've never had a game or dvd arrive on saturday unless i chose saturday post as the delivery option :( It costs them more to do that so I'd imagine they'll use normal working day post.

btw please excuse my swearing in the above post. I was/am a little annoyed.

I've never had a game or dvd arrive on saturday unless i chose saturday post as the delivery option :( It costs them more to do that so I'd imagine they'll use normal working day post.

btw please excuse my swearing in the above post. I was/am a little annoyed.

Ah, that's unfortunate. I'm still holding out on my copy arriving tomorrow, I get lucky sometimes and games arrive on Saturdays. Although last week I had to wait until Monday for Lego Star Wars TCS :/

Ordered with Virgin Megastores btw