[X360] Assassin's Creed

Ah, that's unfortunate. I'm still holding out on my copy arriving tomorrow, I get lucky sometimes and games arrive on Saturdays. Although last week I had to wait until Monday for Lego Star Wars TCS :/

Ordered with Virgin Megastores btw

Well i hope yours comes tomorrow :) Hopefully mine too! You never know.

I'm so tempted to go out and buy it from blockbusters or tesco right now though... Do you think i could get a refund and send it back to play.com if i complain that they delivered late :p or do they not have a 'guaranteed delivery by release day' policy like game.co.uk?

Well i hope yours comes tomorrow :) Hopefully mine too! You never know.

I'm so tempted to go out and buy it from blockbusters or tesco right now though... Do you think i could get a refund and send it back to play.com if i complain that they delivered late :p or do they not have a 'guaranteed delivery by release day' policy like game.co.uk?

Yeah you shouldn't have any problem returning it, just make up some excuse like it was an unwanted gift or something. Just don't open it up :p

I think I'm going to break down and buy Mario for the Wii tonight, stupid Royal Mail and their lame service :p

I've never had a game or dvd arrive on saturday unless i chose saturday post as the delivery option :( It costs them more to do that so I'd imagine they'll use normal working day post.

btw please excuse my swearing in the above post. I was/am a little annoyed.

you didnt pay any postage what so ever anyway...

as on play.com its free and comes with your standard post.

play are generally good with delivering. ive had one dvd that was lost in the post.

and they instantly replaced it.

and if im correct play state in their dispatach email 3-7 working days !...

EDIT, ive just checked.

Please allow 3-5 days delivery.

Yeah you shouldn't have any problem returning it, just make up some excuse like it was an unwanted gift or something. Just don't open it up :p

I think I'm going to break down and buy Mario for the Wii tonight, stupid Royal Mail and their lame service :p

I did it, i tossed a coin, it landed tails, i went and bought it. Can't go against the coin, it's one of my philosophies.

I think you should do the same for mario ;) flip a coin and let it decide, but whatever you do, never ever ever ever go against the coins decision. Ever.

:D

you didnt pay any postage what so ever anyway...

as on play.com its free and comes with your standard post.

play are generally good with delivering. ive had one dvd that was lost in the post.

and they instantly replaced it.

and if im correct play state in their dispatach email 3-7 working days !...

EDIT, ive just checked.

Please allow 3-5 days delivery.

Yeah i know i paid nothing. Same with game.co.uk delivery is free. I've had things like this before with DVD's from play, but i didnt mind the wait with those. If i can't return it I'll sell it to one of my friends who want it, with a small loss.

It says allow 3-5 days yeah, but i preordered last week, and it was dispatched wednesday. But it's a big company and they can't get everything bang on time, I understand that.

Onto AC now! :D :D :D

Edited by .Vamp

Does anyone know if you can have multiple save files? My friend and I both play on the system under different tags and we tried to play the game under each one separately but apparently it is the same save file for both. Anyone have a work around?

Does anyone know if you can have multiple save files? My friend and I both play on the system under different tags and we tried to play the game under each one separately but apparently it is the same save file for both. Anyone have a work around?

only the 360 version I believe ... :rofl:

Yea I'm an idiot. Apparently it does have multiple save files for different users.

Also I was just wondering, has anyone else had their 360 freeze on them in the middle of playing?

Edited by Dirk

I'll throw some fuel into the fire: The game is a rental.

Graphics are ok, control scheme is ok, the concept is wonderful. However add in the monotonous fighting, over repetitive dialog and B rated story line, the game doesn't look like its worth the curreent asking price.

Yea I'm an idiot. Apparently it does have multiple save files for different users.

Also I was just wondering, has anyone else had their 360 freeze on them in the middle of playing?

no tried both 360 and ps3 version, both were fine. ps3 version has some problem with light effects and shadow thought.

Played a little this morning, so far so good.

I've been wanting this game for a while now. The twist was very surprising!

yeah well the DNA thing is hard for some to comprehend but it actually is original and logical from a real out of the box perspective.

people may find it boring only if they don't understand the idea. which is linked to human dna evolution up to 12 strands.

I'll throw some fuel into the fire: The game is a rental.

Graphics are ok, control scheme is ok, the concept is wonderful. However add in the monotonous fighting, over repetitive dialog and B rated story line, the game doesn't look like its worth the curreent asking price.

that's your opinion, but it can be a lot more than monotous fighting if your fighting like that. You're the one pressing only the attack button.

ever heard of learning combos and techniques ? well you missed a lot then.

<snip>

Yes, it is an opinion. Even with the added combos the fighting systems leaves a lot to be desired. As stated it is dull monotonous and over repetitive. I see very little depth in the game. It wasn't what I had originally expected.

How far is everyone? I have so far killed the first 3 bosses and climbed every tower, did all the "Save citizen" missions and all the other side missions... takes too damn long... so far its 14hr and going and im only 1/3 done.

I also find the game very entertaining.. like when I kill a guard and another one runs in yells "Who did this?" I would blend behind him and "assassinate" him and think to myself "Not me!" lol.. I also find it good to kill guards and stuff that are running away cause I notice that if u let them go, they will inform others.

Also there is a flag at the old Roman Temple....its on the second highest pillar... I climbed up the wall, got the one flag, jumped on to the pillar next to it, but I cant seem to get to the flag on the other pillar... everytime I try.. I die!

How far is everyone? I have so far killed the first 3 bosses and climbed every tower, did all the "Save citizen" missions and all the other side missions... takes too damn long... so far its 14hr and going and im only 1/3 done.

I've done 3 assassinations too. I really love the contrasting styles and imagery of the towns, beautiful.

Also there is a flag at the old Roman Temple....its on the second highest pillar... I climbed up the wall, got the one flag, jumped on to the pillar next to it, but I cant seem to get to the flag on the other pillar... everytime I try.. I die!

That flag sucks :p

I tried getting it for a half hour. Right now I'm on 94/100 King Richard flags, and would have 95 if it wasn't for that one. I'm pretty sure you need to use your ledge grab to get to it- I haven't tried that yet. What I want to know is why the heck you need to be given the ability to grab ledges. Like it's magic or something :rofl:

That flag sucks :p

I tried getting it for a half hour. Right now I'm on 94/100 King Richard flags, and would have 95 if it wasn't for that one. I'm pretty sure you need to use your ledge grab to get to it- I haven't tried that yet. What I want to know is why the heck you need to be given the ability to grab ledges. Like it's magic or something :rofl:

I tried that too, still missing it, not enough momentum. I got 60 of the flags so far, but for now ive given up on the Kingdom flags.. gonna attempt to get all the Damascus ones.. but I cant seem to find them. Its getting harder and harder to find flags :(

I'm just not liking the game. I really want to like it, but it's just repetitive and dull. The graphics are fantastic, but good graphics does not equal a good game.

Man I got all the Masaf flags and that's it. Haven't even tryed looking for others, probally won't till after I complete the game, and by then Mass Effect will be out.

Anyone else have a hard time getting combo kills down? I can't ever seem to time it right. As soon as I hear the ding of the swords hitting each other I press 'X', but only about 25% do I actually get the animation of a combo kill. I do see Altair preform them sometimes without the animation, but not nearly enough.

I skipped COD4 in anticipation for AC. So far AC is a great game and replay looks exciting. At either a 7 or 9 you should pick this up. Not a GOTY candidate because it just is not revolutionary or stellar.