Best Headphones for

• 1 month later...

Try AKG K271S. I have only tried these in a store listening to some jazz and blues but they sounded great. Don't like them as much as my DT990 but they are more expensive and open. The AKGs are closed and works great in studio. I think they should be around your budget also.

But the most important ting when buying headphones is to try and listen to them in a store first. Everyone has different preferences in sound.

http://www.akg.com/site/products/powerslav...anguage,EN.html

EDIT: didn't see that this was a bit old.... well anyway....

Hallo, I want to get a pair of headphones for studio mixing when I record my guitar, what do you think are the best I could get for about ?100?:))

-Rich-

I picked up some Sony MDR-V150 Headphones at a local shop not too long ago, they are studio headphones, they sound great, and at ?10 you cant go wrong....

if you are really picky, you could always get something from Bose.

There are nice bose headphones for around that price, but that's a lot to drop on headphones hehe :p

I have the Sony MDR-V500 cans and I've been really happy with them. I bought them for $100 like 3 yrs ago so they should be pretty cheap by now.

• 1 month later...

If you want closed back headphones (headphones that don't leak any sound), look at Beyer DT770, Sennheiser HD250 mkII and Ultrasone's range.

If you want open backed designs (which do leak sound), look at Sennheiser HD580 (you might get some HD600s cheap if you shop around), Beyer DT990 and again Ultrasone's range.

Open back designs will sound better than closed backs, but will also leak sound and provide very little blockage from outside noise.

As to ?100 being a lot for headphones, it's all relative. In a studio, ?100 would be a good average for decent headphones, but some poeple may not notice any difference between ?100 and ?30 headphones.

I personally would go with a AKG, very warm sound. Sennheiser is allright, but i never tried a Sennheiser in that price range. Do NOT buy a philips, all philips headphones that i owned broke in a very short period, but the overall sound quality is pretty decent though. And Sony headphones have not enough bass imo.

I have a set of Sennheiser HD280 Pros. They sound great, and are pretty comfortable too. Very satisfied for the price point they're in.