How do I build my own computer?

One thing i noticed is you have your ram sticks placed strangely (1 stick in the yellow slot and 1 stick in the black slot), it will still work but you might find that you need both in the same colour slots , i.e. 1 in yellow slot a and 1 in yellow slot b or 1 in black slot a and the other in black slot b. If you want to run ram dual channel each stick has to be in the same colour slot.

Lol I don't think the Antec Case Fans hook up to the mobo, just hook them all up in a congo-line type thing and then to the psu and then hook up the case's power button, reset button, etc and when you turn it on, the fans should too. That is, if the fans are like the ones on the Antec Nine Hundred.

Dual channel is to do with memory speed...

If it is 800Mhz memory u actually have 400Mhz memory using two channels making it 800Mhz effective....

same as for Intel CPU's 1066Mhz FSB is actually 266 X 4 - quad data rate or something....

Lol I don't think the Antec Case Fans hook up to the mobo, just hook them all up in a congo-line type thing and then to the psu and then hook up the case's power button, reset button, etc and when you turn it on, the fans should too. That is, if the fans are like the ones on the Antec Nine Hundred.

Okay, thanks, I will give that a shot :|

Dual channel is to do with memory speed...

If it is 800Mhz memory u actually have 400Mhz memory using two channels making it 800Mhz effective....

same as for Intel CPU's 1066Mhz FSB is actually 266 X 4 - quad data rate or something....

Okay, I'll have them both the same colour. Thanks for the info!

Are you sure you installed the heatsink correctly?(airflow-wise). I've never used that type, but i would imagine you would want it blowing the air out the rear. Also make sure you put the ram in the closest slot to the cpu, and in the third(the corresponding color).

Are you sure you installed the heatsink correctly?(airflow-wise). I've never used that type, but i would imagine you would want it blowing the air out the rear. Also make sure you put the ram in the closest slot to the cpu, and in the third(the corresponding color).

As for the disk drive, the antec cases come with trays with rubber grommets on them.

Here are some pictures to give you an idea for wiring. Do NOT do what i did for the 4 pin, run that behind the motherboard tray, down from the top and plug it in.

DSC00870.jpg

DSC00869.jpg

buddy... read the manuals that came with the parts... everything is explained in them... did you read them??

Well, he might've bought OEM parts instead. It's also easier to ask someone for help, that way you get relevant advice.

^Yeah, more relevent info on the forums :D

As for the disk drive, the antec cases come with trays with rubber grommets on them.

Here are some pictures to give you an idea for wiring. Do NOT do what i did for the 4 pin, run that behind the motherboard tray, down from the top and plug it in.

DSC00870.jpg

DSC00869.jpg

Thanks for the images.

Can you please take out (if only partially) the harddrive (and the casing, with the thumbscrew) and take a pic of that, then show me? I'm interested in knowing how it works.

Also, about the heatsink, I was told on another forum to adjust it by 90 degrees. Which I will.

Thanks in advance,

Panarchy

Hey, did you put the standoffs on the motherboard plate so that the motherboard doesn't make contact with the case? From those pictures, I can't really tell...and it's definitely going to wreck your board if you didn't...

The picture looks correct, just make sure it blows towards the back of the case.

cpucoolerby9.th.jpg

Is it in correctly now?

Thanks in advance,

Panarchy

i have that heat sink

so notice it's split in half right? on one side there's a fan and on the other side there's a giant hole in the middle. put the fan side facing inside your computer. the fan will blow the air through the middle, through the giant hole side, and out the back of your computer

if you don't understand what i'm saying, you can take the picture from one of the "faces" or front's then i can tell you if it's correct or not

although i don't think that the black fan right behind it is a good idea. if they are turning at diffrent speeds wouldn't it cause problems?

zizvan, I have the supports in.

Permastone,

I'm not sure.

All I know is that is my fan.

The logo is facing the RAM sticks.

Panarchy

PS: permastone, is the sasuke in your pic? Uchiha Sasuke?

that was long time ago, wasnt it?

i figure now mobo's detect stuff like that, and simply shut down instead of burning

am i wrong?

yeah you can'tfry a processor anymore, they will auto shut down when they get too hot, even AMD has sorted their issues out.

^YAY! That's a weight off my shoulders! :D

(WOW! From page 2???)

33 pin compared to 24 pin

I don't know where the big plug goes! I counted, it is 24 pin, and the only connection on the motherboard that looks right, is 33 pin!

Please help,

Panarchy

(WOW! From page 2???)

I don't know where the big plug goes! I counted, it is 24 pin, and the only connection on the motherboard that looks right, is 33 pin!

Please help,

Panarchy

ok your talking about the mobo power connector right??

there is another cable that connects to that one, to make it the right size for the connector, the 22 pin is for old mobos

i like to read eerything before i post :)

With a cooler like this:

That would never happen :)

i bet i could make it, easily, leave the cover over the oprocessor so the heatsick isn't ctually touching the processor, or alternativley don't connect the fan, and i have seen both so don't say it will never happen

it's exaclty the same as with every other fan, unless your overclockign a better fan aint really wrth the hassle

Hello!

I couldn't reconfigue the CPU Fan without taking out the motherboard.

So here is a pic of the motherboard!

mb4zp3.th.gif

Panarchy

wrong, put the fan side facing the memory, so you have the fan on the same isde as the meory

(WOW! From page 2???)

Please help,

Panarchy

there are probably a peace which takes off from that big power plug

just read the goddamn manuals, your computer could have been up and running if you just did as i said

whats written in manual is written to pretty much cover up anything, while my help can cover up ****, cause reading in english, not really seeing/understanding whats up makes me confused

read the papers over, understand, then start putting it together with one eye in the manual. it should be it

just read the goddamn manuals, your computer could have been up and running if you just did as i said

whats written in manual is written to pretty much cover up anything, while my help can cover up ****, cause reading in english, not really seeing/understanding whats up makes me confused

read the papers over, understand, then start putting it together with one eye in the manual. it should be it

That's a great way to respond to a guy who already knows he can read and has the manuals at hand. He came here for our help. Let's help him not bash him for asking a great question on a forum. His question actually is far better than the weird questions in General Discussion forum.

That's a great way to respond to a guy who already knows he can read and has the manuals at hand. He came here for our help. Let's help him not bash him for asking a great question on a forum. His question actually is far better than the weird questions in General Discussion forum.

well sorry

it's just that i think he would get a better understanding by reading everything on his own

and im really about helping not bashing :)

wrong, put the fan side facing the memory, so you have the fan on the same isde as the meory

Thanks, will do!

I worked it out