Half Man Half Tree!

Dede lives in a remote village in Indonesia. At 32 years-old, he has an extraordinary skin condition; he has root like structures growing out of his body - branches that can grow up to 5cm a year and which protrude from his hands and feet, and welts covering his whole body. His mysterious disease is at first sight unbelievable, but on meeting the man behind this monstrous sight, it becomes only too apparent how real it is.

Source

3ae911aa2350a3cc2d1f804f09451c09_f9c.jpg

One of many good questions. I'm calling BS on this one... even though it seems quite real, this is too insane.

Nope. There have been other cases in the past. I remember one posted on a missionary blog not so long ago where they managed to get doctors to cut most of the growths but had to leave some on because they had developed their own blood supply or something. It's not fake.

That dud has GOT to be faking it with self-made props... otherwise I can't believe that his system could survive such a transformation. Life is not like X-men or star trek for alien's sake! Of course anything is possible.

It's warts (like plantars wart you get in your foot). Apparently, according to some doctor in the Telegraph UK article, his body doesn't produce enough vitamin A to combat the warts. So hopefully injections will cure him within months.