• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Buzz noise on new Panasonic Plasma

bob_loblaw    3

My new plasma is making some sort of weird buzzing noise from the back and I have no idea what's causing it. Its a Panasonic TH-42PX75U 42". Got it on Black Friday and noticed the noise since yesterday. I did some searching and people say plasma makes that noise but if it's too loud, then something might be wrong. So how loud is too loud? I can hear the buzz with a low volume 8-9 feet.

Should I and is it possible to go exchange it for a new one? I got it at Circuit City if that makes a difference.

ctebah    3,161

exchange it.

perochan    151

i dont think the buzz is that loud. you might want to call the customer service and explain or exchange a new one.

bob_loblaw    3

Anyone familiar with CC's exchange policy? What are they're requirements for exchanges within the first 30 days? I'm not looking to return it 'cause I want a new HDTV.

zivan56    22

It looks like it's normal for it to do that. Search on Google for "TH-42PX75U buzzing" and you will find a bunch of people with the same issue...

bangbang023    31

The buzzing noise may be cause by poor quality electrical lines. Try getting a line filter and pluging your set into that. It usually does the trick.

Shaun N.    569

I have a Vision 42" Plasma i've had it for about a year now and Mine has always buzzed, aslong as I have my PC on I can't hear it, but if i turn it off I can't stand the buzz and can't watch TV.

Luckily my PC is nearly always on :D

bob_loblaw    3
The buzzing noise may be cause by poor quality electrical lines. Try getting a line filter and pluging your set into that. It usually does the trick.

What's a line filter and where can I get one? Is that like a surge protector?

bangbang023    31
What's a line filter and where can I get one? Is that like a surge protector?

It's a surge protector with a filter in it to clean out any line noise. You can get one from Circuit city or Best Buy. They'll try to sell you an expensive one, but you can go with something like the $50 AR line and see how it works.