A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger 2012

• 8 months later...
Praise be to God.

A-Patch has been updated for Windows Live Messenger 9.0 beta (14.0.3921.0717). Some options have been removed due to them not being needed and some options including the "Live Preview" have been temporarily disabled until a future A-Patch build.

Some new options have been added for removing the Photos button, the Groups button and the text which is alongside all those buttons on the toolbar.

http://apatch.org/

The new A-Patch definitely doesn't work for me, on 2 PCs reinstalling Messenger and then patching didn't solve the login issue...reinstalling Messenger and not patching is OK.

I remember on one beta it wouldnt let you login unless your account was actually chosen to be in the beta.

Yeah, but it doesn't seem to be the case now...i'm not in the beta and can login just fine if I don't use A-Patch.

I just tested.

1. Installed over A-Patched 8.5 Messenger

2. Used A-Patch

3. Unable to login

4. Removed EVERYTHING in the c:\program files\windows live\messenger folder

5. Installed WLM 9

6. A-Patched, working fine

I think the issue is that the old msidcrl40.dll from 8.5 was being restored from the A-Patch backup. Follow the steps above from point 4 and you should be able to login fine. This will be fixed in the next build.

I just tested.

1. Installed over A-Patched 8.5 Messenger

2. Used A-Patch

3. Unable to login

4. Removed EVERYTHING in the c:\program files\windows live\messenger folder

5. Installed WLM 9

6. A-Patched, working fine

I think the issue is that the old msidcrl40.dll from 8.5 was being restored from the A-Patch backup. Follow the steps above from point 4 and you should be able to login fine. This will be fixed in the next build.

Woohoo, works beautifully! Great work!

Sign in issue has been fixed in build 4, of course you will still need to clear the messenger folder and re-install messenger if you encountered this problem before using build 4.