A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger 2012

See, you can modify the executable/DLLs interface code, but the changes you make aren't reflected within Messenger itself, giving hint that some kind of protection or dummy code is at play here.

Stuff like the contact list ad and stuff like that aren't possible right now. However you can remove the IM text ads and stuff like that using something like MessPatch Light.

Praise be to God.

Due to the new protection in the new version of Windows Live Messenger, I can only bring you 7 options at the moment. The gurus in the Messenger community are working hard on bypassing this protection, and once it's done I will be able to bring you the normal 70+ options that A-Patch contains, God-Willing, please be patient and thank you all for your continued support :)

At the moment the current options available are:

Polygamy

Remove Advertisement (in IM window)

Remove Nudge Delay

Remove Nudge Shake

Remove Featured Content

Accept more than 3 files (transfers) at a time

Disable Windows Live Spaces Contact Card Integration

http://apatch.org/

Since it's now possible to patch the ads due to the efforts of certain wonderful individuals, a full A-Patch should be coming soon for the new beta. :)

Ahmz055, could you please please please add the feature to swap artist and song like Mess Patch has? If you can add that, I can say goodbye to Mess Patch forever. :) Pleaseeeeee. *begs* :p

Since it's now possible to patch the ads due to the efforts of certain wonderful individuals, a full A-Patch should be coming soon for the new beta. :)

Ahmz055, could you please please please add the feature to swap artist and song like Mess Patch has? If you can add that, I can say goodbye to Mess Patch forever. :) Pleaseeeeee. *begs* :p

Thats if The Steve and others give Ahmad the band-aid way :D Otherwise we are still waiting.

9WithMods.png

Proof!

Praise be to God.

I'd like to thank TheSteve and also give shoutouts to Willz, Ipab, TB & Matt Hollwood for working on the "protection" work-around, now we finally go back to customizing Messenger like we used to!

So after 8 hours straight updating A-Patch for Windows Live Messenger 9 version 14.0.5027.0908, with no further adue I can finally bring you A-Patch with a whopping 56 options to play with! Some options were removed because it seems that the Messenger team implemented them ;) And some more options will be added in future builds God-Willing, including the "Preview"!

http://apatch.org/

I can finally see my username!

wlm9w3ol6.png

Question, some of the future enhancements going to include things like DPs on the left side, formatting toolbar on top of the input area, instead the bottom, and perhaps remove Groups from the contact list... in addition to that Artist/Song swap? :p

Not bad, I just wish I could get rid of those garish colours around everybody's DP, maybe have them in different shades of the same colour? And/or be able to have them ordered by availability.

Also, removing the text from the title bar, doesn't seem to work, and I can't get my email button back :(

wlm9bfq2.jpg

Edited by DARKFiB3R

You must "restore backups" to regain the Email button. If you patched again without restoring backups first, then you'll need to re-install Messenger (and delete the backups from the messenger directory).

thank you soooooooooooooooo much:)!

EDIT: there is no option to remove the search bar at the bottom:( Also for some reason the drop down menu has been moved to the bottom of messenger

mn2rzm.jpg

Edited by torrentthief

Got it :)

Now we just need an updated version of Messenger Plus! Live and we'll be rocking

thank you soooooooooooooooo much:)!

EDIT: there is no option to remove the search bar at the bottom:( Also for some reason the drop down menu has been moved to the bottom of messenger

mn2rzm.jpg

I didn't get either of those problems...