Yeti mystery: Answer now lies in US lab

An American TV crew which claimed to have found footprints of the mysterious Yeti in the Himalayas plan to get castings from the prints analysed in the US, even as the Nepal Mountaineering Association expressed doubts over the discovery.

Josh Gates, leader of the TV crew which is working on a Sci-Fi serial called Destination Truth, said he took three castings from the footprints discovered by his team and will would them analysed in the US in an attempt to prove that the mythical creature really exists.

more info :

http://in.rediff.com/news/2007/dec/02yeti.htm

• 2 weeks later...

And I challenge you to prove that I don't have an invisible elephant in my garage.

It doesn't work that way, If you make a claim (e.g. that big foot exists) you have to provide the proof.

Why do people have problems believing in the Yeti/Abominable Snowman? Or Big Foot for that matter?

I challenge the sceptics to prove they don't exist.

Onus is on you, that's what disprove means, to remove or refute already standing evidence, for which none exists in favor of the Yeti's existence.

You're the positive claimant, burden is on you.

Didn't this happen with Big Foot and a History Channel documentary?

They found some DNA, and further studies showed that it was part human, part primate and it had a hybrid pair.

What they concluded? I have no idea.

Why do people have problems believing in the Yeti/Abominable Snowman? Or Big Foot for that matter?

I challenge the sceptics to prove they don't exist.

How the hell do you prove something doesn't exist if there is little or no evidence that it actually exists in the first place??

^ Skeptics are notoriously lazy when it comes to examining what evidence does exist. ;)

Well that's a of a generalization. I'll admit though I haven't looked into evidence for the yeti monster in quite some time, but I'd be quite sceptical of such a creature actually existing. There seems to be alot of stuff about this creature, that has yet to be proven to exist, which I think it's greatly exaggerated. But you never know...