Dec 4th: Todays downtime due to exploit

I did wander why it went a bit weird when I tried to view it from work earlier

Kept going to the login page but then blanking it out.

Didn't get a prompt for a download or anythign nasty though (although I think the company firewall blocks activex.etc)

I am pretty sure we have the IP of the person who did this, he left a trail (probably not intentionally) but we found one none-the-less.
Do you know roughly where in the world the IP address belongs? Russia? Eastern Europe? China?

ipv45wf5.png

I hate when movies get tech information wrong. I mean, would it be that hard to ask somebody's kid what the format of an IP address is?

I hate when movies get tech information wrong. I mean, would it be that hard to ask somebody's kid what the format of an IP address is?

Fictional Television Shows != Real Life

So what exactly did this virus thing do?

Yesterday morning I woke up checked my email visted neowin, and all the sudden my trillian crashed, and wouldn't start back up, and my flashget inside the sandbox got all wierd on me. My clock got set to 2099 so I logged off and back on amy computer nd my trillian started working again but my sandboxed flashget said server busy retry or ignore. My web browser is always sandboxed, so I just terminated all processes inside the sandobx and deleted everything in the sandbox and everything worked fine. I *heart* sandboxie

I thought it wasnt allowed to reveal the IP address publicly. Not that i care, but i was just wondering.

I thought it wasnt allowed to reveal the IP address publicly. Not that i care, but i was just wondering.

........ try looking at that ip address one more time

people are retards... why bother hacking sites to advertise your own... that just leads to faster arrests...

also, if you need to hack another site to show off yours, you may need to rethink how to obtain an audience from a non-hacking web site (Y)

xD i wasn't here no virus today people who hack sites are ###### if they can hack so well they should get a job preventing it from happening not making it happen at least its back up

I agree it's not that hard for them to ask or you know look it up, but my guess would be that someone did it to make people like us notice it. But if it was a mistake thats pretty bad...

Wonder how bad they will mess up on that kind of thing once we start using IPv6 :p