Building a YABB board

Question

Please help.... I want to build a YABB (yet another web Board) for my site, but I am not good with coding and all. If Someone can PLEASE create a YABB board for me with standard (normal, preset design) and host it somewhere (with any name or nhlbreathe in the address) I will be very happy and i will make you a board monarator if you want to be one. Please help. If you can't at least leave free hosts that can except cgi-bin and perl. Thanks.

(If you can get another kind of board up for know like Ikonboard or vbulliten that would also work for know. Thx)

For what the board is to be based about go here. http://nhlblog.blogspot.com Thx.

What i need as topics

Topic Description

General off topic

Teams all 30 of um

Scores the latest

Standings all of um'

Website comments

Problems report here

Suggestions send um'

Crew Lounge for crew members

Other Other hockey news

I need to be the admin. (If needed make up a user and password)

8 answers to this question

There are no good free webhosts taking new members that I know of, sorry.

I did just want to say though that I have had lots of experience with YaBB and although it is good, Ikonboard (version 3) is far superior in every way. With YaBB it is missing many important features unless you add mods to it (not easy in itself) whereas with Ikonboard you get a better boards but also all those features already built in.

See my new iB here:

http://www.pabuk.com/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi

Sorry I cannot help more with the host thing.

Thanks for the Info PabUK. Your board is very cool. I have seen IkonBoard before but I'm not good at coding and don't want to mess up. Thats why I'm trying to see if anyone can help me. Thanks for the info though. If you know anyone who can help please post, pm, or email to haweb80@hotmail.com

I disagree with the mod-ing part though, with BoardMod it makes it pretty gosh-darn easy to install those mods. :)

YaBB Gold isn't meant to compete with iB3 though, and Pab's right, iB3 is better, but it's also not complete.

Heard Marhost.com might be good, have yet to check it out though. If you find a host, I'll be glad to install it for- I've done a few hundred or so YaBB installations. :)

Its not quite complete, but it is up to RC2 which should be near gold.

However, re-evaluating what the request was, I would suggest you stick with YaBB. It is far better as a beginner board. If you saw the admin centre of iB I am sure you would be scared!

I've been experminting with the various setups for the different boards and found openbb to be the best for newcomers. It took all of 10sec to setup. Upload, CHMOD 3 files, and run the setup, though it's not cgi. A reload is also painless since the scripts automatically drop tables and recreate them. All templates can be edited in the control panel.

Openbb IS cgi; it's not perl, it's php. (Well..sorta. Who knows where php stands these days. :))

I'd have to argue that iB 3 is also pretty easy. Upload the files, chmod the two files, and run the installer. Simple. (Only problem though, their directory structure is so wide you may have to end up chmod'ed a whole bunch of folders...so in that case..). YaBB SE, and various other next edition boards are going to do the same too. Looks like everyone is finally following the vB/phpBB/etc. installer. I recommended one since the start of YaBB Gold, but eh...

Just to advertise sickofms' board (hope he doesn't mind... >.<), I ended up installing a iB for him here at netfirms.