Which Movie Format do You want to Win the War (Blu Ray / HD DVD)

Which Movie Format do You want to Win?  

435 members have voted

1. 1. Choose which one You want to Win / Support

• Blu Ray
    • HD DVD
    • Neither
  2. 2. What Media players do you have or want?

• I have a Blu Ray Player (also includes PS3)
    • I want a Blu Ray Player
    • I have a HD DVD Player
    • I want a HD DVD Player
    • I have a Normal DVD Player
    • I want a Normal DVD Player

Last saturday I got my PS3... for 399? with spiderman 3.

I'm happy with it ... don't care who s gonna win but my PS3 is awesome:yes:s:

So vote 1 and 1

why so many for blu-ray? suprising considering blu-ray trashes fair usage rights. would figure a tech forum would be pro hd-dvd.

anyways, i don't really care. but i won't invest in one until the other is dead or they've merged or something.

How so?

I would actually like to know that too. I don't think very many people are going to have a problem with stuff like that so long as a bluray player can play a bluray disc...

-Spenser

I hope both end up failing miserably, a) because it was way too soon to push "the next big thing" on consumers considering DVD has only been mainstream for ~10 years, and b) to teach them a costly lesson about format wars.

Either way, even if one does "win," I'm sticking with regular DVDs until something truly revolutionary comes along; HD-DVD/Blu-Ray isn't nearly the step up over DVDs that DVDs were over VCRs.

HD-DVD will win, because of the price. Your average Joe doesn't know what the hell a GB is and doesn't care. All he sees is the nice triple price Blueray has to offer and thats enough for him to make his mind up on these new fancy HDTVs and players.

if that were the case how come more people are buying bluray that anything else?

I would actually like to know that too. I don't think very many people are going to have a problem with stuff like that so long as a bluray player can play a bluray disc...

-Spenser

Google BD+

I prefer HD-DVD. Blu-Ray is Sony. I would never trust Sony. Microsoft won't support Blu-Ray because of Sony adding copy protection and that it causes compatibility issue. Never trust any company that owns apart of the entertainment industry. Remember the Sony "Rootkit"? That wasn't very nice of Sony, was it?

well now im actually glad Blu-ray will have that protection, it will help save the movie industry, i dont' agree with pirated stuff if people do it i wont rat them out but i will tell them my opinion.

I prefer HD-DVD. Blu-Ray is Sony. I would never trust Sony. Microsoft won't support Blu-Ray because of Sony adding copy protection and that it causes compatibility issue. Never trust any company that owns apart of the entertainment industry. Remember the Sony "Rootkit"? That wasn't very nice of Sony, was it?

God, Rootkit this, Rootkit that. Is that the only excuse you have to support HD-DVD? Because Blu-Ray supports the movie industry with copy protection?

well now im actually glad Blu-ray will have that protection, it will help save the movie industry, i dont' agree with pirated stuff if people do it i wont rat them out but i will tell them my opinion.

BD+ is cracked already.

So studios put it on Discs and your player won't play it without firmware updates weeks after you bought it?

Pretty sad, you see this as a "Good" thing. :rolleyes:

I don't care who wins, although I'd like BD to win, I think some of you don't want it to win cos its a sony format, but maybe they got this one right?

if that were the case how come more people are buying bluray that anything else?

Oh, you mean all those reports of how HD-DVD is winning, then 2 days later its Blueray and then back to HD-DVD the next week then back to Blueray?

BD+ is cracked already.

So studios put it on Discs and your player won't play it without firmware updates weeks after you bought it?

Pretty sad, you see this as a "Good" thing. :rolleyes:

So trying to keep your intellectual property safe is a crime these days, eh?

Look, this is a multi-billion dollar industry. I don't blame them for trying to keep their content safe, and out of the hands of lifeless hackers in a basement.

I hope HDDVD wins (reasons below). I have both a BluRay player (PlayStation 3), an HD-DVD player (Toshiba HD-EP30, which I know for a fact I'm getting for Christmas :D ), and a normal DVD player (quite a few - an HDD/DVD recorder, PS3, HD-DVD player, and four PCs with DVD drives).

Now, why do I want HD-DVD to win? It's cheaper for me (I can buy the discs from the US - BD has region coding so I can't), the discs are dual-format (HD-DVD and SD-DVD versions on one disc) so I can lend stuff out, and copy protection is not a requirement (AFAIK) so when burners are eventually cheaper, I'll be able to burn my own discs without the need for AACS.

So trying to keep your intellectual property safe is a crime these days, eh?

Look, this is a multi-billion dollar industry. I don't blame them for trying to keep their content safe, and out of the hands of lifeless hackers in a basement.

I have a problem with an industry who wants to sell you 1000 different formats of the same movie every year and won't let you use the one you have to play it on the go, or heaven for bid you scratch your disc a few years down the road and not be able to back it up?

Then they have the nerve to tell you its for your benefit.

Right, I will bend over and take another one sony it feels goodddddddd!!!!!!!!!!! :huh: