home made light tent

I made myself my own home made light tent following these instructions: http://digital-photography-school.com/blog...ive-light-tent/ My overall cost was about $10-12. The box was free.

It's pretty cool! I still need to get the proper lighting, so that the white bristol board is a lot brighter/whiter (I didn't process these at all, just straight from camera; im too lazy right now).

box.jpg

my cat decided to help

cat.jpg

here's some samples!

december6.jpg

december7.jpg

december8.jpg

december9.jpg

december10.jpg

Edited by crazzy88ss

OMG...i have a cat that looks EXACTLY like that one...like identical twin same :-p crazy

What's it's name? Mine is mittens. My friend has a cat that looks just like mine, who is also named Mittens.

So could it be scaled up to accommodate larger objects (ie: people)?

Probably. But typically people just use back drops + 3 or so lights.

Like this: http://www.cruisereviews.com/RoyalCaribbea...PhotoStudio.jpg

mines name is weasel. I'll get a pic for ya tomorrow.

About the light tent....try using a black background for some interesting effects, plus if you want to shoot jewelry, a black background will make it look like it's just floating there, like a zales commercial. Good work making your own though...Light tents aren't that expensive, you can find them for under 100$, but making your own can save you a ton of money, and that can be used towards nicer things....like a ball head for your tripod mmmmmmmmm :)

I MADE IT :D

post-49195-1197590210_thumb.jpg

post-49195-1197590236_thumb.jpg

Shot with my spanking new Olympus E-510 which arrived today, man I'm in love with DSLR! Please if they're so bad just tell me, I'm still a n00b!

haha, awesome job dude. What lens(es) do you have?

Thanks man :)

I have the 2 lenses kit, Zuiko Digital 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 and 40-150mm f4.0-5.6.

post-49195-1197632249.jpg

Looka like i have a holiday project :D

Someone mentioned using LEDs i think...question about that

Wouldnt that make it a little more difficult to evenly light the box?

If not...it would be neat to buy three bread boards (top/ and two sides) and wire them up with white LEDs, also add in some red/blue/green LEDs which could be toggled, maybe some UV ones too. I have a little chip i can program so i can adjust brightness and whatnot of leds, not sure how many it could handle though

Edited by SkyyPunk

Looka like i have a holiday project :D

Someone mentioned using LEDs i think...question about that

Wouldnt that make it a little more difficult to evenly light the box?

If not...it would be neat to buy three bread boards (top/ and two sides) and wire them up with white LEDs, also add in some red/blue/green LEDs which could be toggled, maybe some UV ones too. I have a little chip i can program so i can adjust brightness and whatnot of leds, not sure how many it could handle though

Well you dont need them to be even, depending on the effect you want. from memory this one (http://p858snake.deviantart.com/art/Picture-a-Week-Week-06-64227897) only has a fluro desk lamp shining from Right Front corner of the box.

Great idea Cazzy88ss

Like skyyPunk said this would be a great project for the holidays Crazzy what lens did you use this might be the perfect reason for me to get the Canon macro lens I?ve been thinking about getting my wide angle might not work to great for this.