Which is the best TV brand?

bangbang, you have helped very much and I appreciate it. Now, just to recap what you are saying, Pioneer is the top of the line Plasma and Samsung is the top of the line LCD followed closely by Sony and Sharp.

What is it that seperates the Samsung from the Sony & Sharp?

Edit: Also, at what size can you see a noticeable difference between 720p & 1080p?

Samsung is right up there with Sony. I don't think you can really separate the two, especially considering they often use the same panels in their sets from the 8th generation SLCD plant they share. Sharp tends to lack a little of the color richness of the other two.

You won't start noticing a difference between 720p and 1080p until you breach the 46" mark. Even then, if you're sitting more than 10 feet away, there won't be any appreciable difference.

I was always led to believe that LG ruled the roost in terms of LCD TV's. Have i been mislead?

Or WERE they top dog up until recently?

LG's never been at the top, IMO. If anything, they finally worked their way up to top midrange this year. Before this year, I was never impressed with their sets, at all.

You're basing your opinion of the Aquos line on an ad for the set?

I think he was saying how good that ad looks on his TV not how good the Aquos line look.

Samsung is right up there with Sony. I don't think you can really separate the two, especially considering they often use the same panels in their sets from the 8th generation SLCD plant they share. Sharp tends to lack a little of the color richness of the other two.

You won't start noticing a difference between 720p and 1080p until you breach the 46" mark. Even then, if you're sitting more than 10 feet away, there won't be any appreciable difference.

Oh wow, I learned more than I bargained for. (Y) I don't plan on going over 42" for another few years so the LCD route sounds better since Plasmas are for bigger sets. Okay, so Samsung or Sony are my two choices it seems. Sweet! Thanks bangbang!

sister just bought Panasonic.

She was told Sony were not as good at making 37 /38" (cant rem the size) and they only make it to be in the market.

I dont really know what sence this makes but its what the sales guy said.

Currently, it's Panasonic for LCDs and Plasma.

Panny has *always* been a reliable name in electronics. Over the last two years they've emerged as the leader in quality.

My parents just bought a Samsun 37" LCD, GORGEOUS picture.

Oh wow, I learned more than I bargained for. (Y) I don't plan on going over 42" for another few years so the LCD route sounds better since Plasmas are for bigger sets. Okay, so Samsung or Sony are my two choices it seems. Sweet! Thanks bangbang!

You looking at 37" or 40"? If you're looking at 37", I would recommend the Samsung LN-T3753. If you're going for the extra three inches, I'd say the Sony KDL-40S3000 or the KDL-40V3000 (if you want to take the 1080p plunge, anyway).