Opera Software files EU antitrust complaint against Microsoft

If Opera lost your respect because they had a complaint, your respect is of the most shallow variety and consequently Opera lost nothing of value.

^+1

Well put.

Tell me why you don't think my comment to whether browsers can pass a (not THE) web standards test is relevant?

it is not THE web standards test. i already explained to you that it only tests a tiny part of html and css. passing acid2 is great, but you have to understand what it actually tests.

• 2 months later...

i think this justifies a bump since it turns out that it was microsoft's fear of yet another huge fine because of opera's antitrust complaint that made microsoft default to standard mode in ie8:

While we do not believe there are currently any legal requirements that would dictate which rendering mode must be chosen as the default for a given browser, this step clearly removes this question as a potential legal and regulatory issue

you can agree or disagree with what opera did, but it worked!

For some reason I didn't put 2 and 2 together on this one. Thanks for pointing that out (Y)

I'm curious about whether those who lost respect for Opera because of their antitrust complaint still have no respect for them...