• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

HD/Blu-Ray Front Page Poll

Destruction.Thrash    0

I gave in and got the 360 HD-DVD player the other day but I'm going to say Blu-Ray simple because its seems to be more available. The only place I could find that sold HD-DVDs in my town was Gamestation. Blockbuster had a load of Blu-Ray films in but I couldnt find any HD-DVD and even ASDA had a fair selection of Blu-ray films but again no HD-DVD.

Then again I'm sure thats not the case everywhere, If I go into bigger cities like Liverpool or Manchester I can find HD-DVD no problem plus Online shopping.

Umbrello    1

I'll wait this HDDVD vs Blu-Ray war out, then choose the format to go with. Until then, I'm happy with upscaling my DVDs to HD quality.

MrKuro    0
I'll wait this HDDVD vs Blu-Ray war out, then choose the format to go with. Until then, I'm happy with upscaling my DVDs to HD quality.

but upscaling isn't HD quality ... its just DVD quality smoothed and processed to look less crappy on your new HD display...

Upscaling can have decent results for making low res content watchable, but it is no where near the detail level of actual high definition content from a HD source (hddvd/bluray/etc)

Edited by WolfDV

Andrew Lyle    336

the colours are backwards, blu-ray is shown in red, and hd-dvd is shown in blue :p

Gally    1
the colours are backwards, blu-ray is shown in red, and hd-dvd is shown in blue :p

What??? No its not.

Blu%20hddvd.jpg

Joel    26
What??? No its not.

I think he meant, in the poll that's no longer there the colours were inverted. This thread IS over 2 months old, after all, and the poll is now gone.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this