.mkv files?

I think Boifido has it right.

What exactly does the Xbox 360 support for H.264?

Xbox 360 supports the following for H.264:

? File Extensions: .mp4, .m4v, mp4v, .mov

? Containers: MPEG-4, QuickTime

? Video Profiles: Baseline, main, and high (up to Level 4.1) profiles.

? Video Bitrate: 10 Mbps with resolutions of 1920 x 1080 at 30fps. See question number 11 for more information.Audio Profiles: 2 channel AAC low complexity (LC))

? Audio Max Bitrate: No restrictions. See question number 11 for more information.

Most of my stuff is in DTS/:/3. :/

I think Boifido has it right.

[/b]>

I WIN THE THREAD!!!

And I can view incomplete media files including .mkv with VLC, it just has to be downloaded enough, and what codec pack are you using, I use K-light mega codec pack (Playback only - without player install option)

Don't have any real codec packs installed, got ffdshow, AC3 filters

( Most installed because i needed it for other programs, TVersity, GotSent etc. ) Codec packs screw up Computers, i always stay clear of those.

But if anyone could tell me the exact codec which allows me to preview incomplete .mkv files without installing codec packs I'd be smiling like a school girl :D

According to a previous thread on here, apparently you can rename .mkv files to .mp4 and they will play.

Shame the 360 doesn't support NTFS drives to play them from, as you can't put files over 4gb on fat32.

try a memcard reader as some memory cars are higher than 4gb and a little bit cheaper

try a memcard reader as some memory cars are higher than 4gb and a little bit cheaper

even a 8gb memory card will be formatted as FAT32, the limitation remains 4GB for any file, thus the max you could fit on the 8GB card is 2x (4GB-1Byte) size files