weird broadband issue!

i moved into a brand new house 2 weeks ago, and moved my demon account and phone number with me. a few days after i had re-ordered the broadband for the new address i recieved an emai from demon saying :

Unfortunately, we are unable to proceed with your order for Demon

Broadband at this time. This is because the distance from your

local BT telephone exchange is too great and/or the quality of your

line is too poor

now i know this to be crap as im less than 0.5 miles from the echange, and its a new home!! plus i can see wireless networks flowting about! anyway, i then proceded to try UKonline, and used their availability check, which reutrned:

Check doesn't work

The test on your phone line is unable to be completed at this time. Please try again later or speak to our friendly sales team who can assist.

now, i tried the same test on my mothers and sisters line, who live just along the road (further away from the same exchange), and both availibility tests said they could recieve broadband from ukonline.

i have called BT, who have ran tests on my line and advise me its 100% workingm and is ADSL enabled, with a theoretical max speed of 6.5Mbps.

i then rang bt wholesale to check my line for tags, but its totally clean, and advise me i should have no problem getting broadband!!

So, why am i having problems with Demon and Ukonline??!! can anyone suggest anything?

i think its cos its a new line, i think it takes a while for new lines to become ready,

try asking ukonline/demon over the phone why

SPECIFYING ITS A NEW LINE

ste

ye ive made them aware of this guys, i asked that same question, aswell as BT, and they said it takes 48hours, and also BT said they could offer us BB at 6.5Mb potentially. its a weird one, ukonline tier level 3 and team managers (highest tech support) are working with BT to fing out what is wrong! :-(

Hmm, i just tried my postcode in this site, http://www.dslzoneuk.net/distance.php? and it doesnt take me to the correct location i.e. its saying my house in some other location, approx a mile further on!!. same thing happened wheni tried it in google maps?! can postcodes me muddled up somtimes when they are registered? my house is brand new, and the location that tool takes me to, is also a new estate. wonderin if this is the reason, i.e. my phone number is registered with a different postocde!! and hecne the test cant complete correcty!

what you lot think?