$99 HD-DVD player! (Boxing day in canada)

Berserk87

:o niccccccccceeeeeeeeeee

too bad my tv dosnt support hd :p

Boz

Super awesome.. Australia with free HD DVD players, now Canada.. mainstream penetration in action... (he he I always giggle at penetration)

Cormier6083

Very tempting... I wish I could live back in the land of my ancestors....

PyX

They always limit the quantities though. Maybe they'll sell like 4-5 per shop...

and look at the customers' rating! 19 ratings = 2.89/5 ATM.

Anyway, it is STILL HD video, I've got to admit that

Boz
and look at the customers' rating! 19 ratings = 2.89/5 ATM.

Rating doesn't mean anything anymore.. you have hordes of brainwashed kids clicking negative feedback on anything HD DVD related. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that player.. it's an incredible full featured player that does everything PiP, interactive, web enabled features and beautiful video and audio quality. It's a bit slow, but who gives a CRAP.. it's $99 man and you get 2 great movies!

Pc_Madness
Super awesome.. Australia with free HD DVD players

Err, link?

Kraftman

Not showing up on my Vancouver postal code --- does anyone know if this is Eastern Canada only?

Sheppard
Rating doesn't mean anything anymore.. you have hordes of brainwashed kids clicking negative feedback on anything HD DVD related. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that player.. it's an incredible full featured player that does everything PiP, interactive, web enabled features and beautiful video and audio quality. It's a bit slow, but who gives a CRAP.. it's $99 man and you get 2 great movies!

Yes cause you know this as fact?

How is it any different when you diss Blu-Ray and big up HD DVD, i find it funny how you blame the sheep voting down anything HD DVD just because it has a low rating, did you ever think the people who have bought the same model are giving their feedback on it?

But no it HAS to be the "kids" who are voting it down, i mean it has a bad rating that cant be right............

Also who cares if its slow? Lots of people do, if i put a disc in and have to wait a while for it to even show any video its getting packed up in the box and taken back to the shop.

DELTETHISACCOUNT
Yes cause you know this as fact?

How is it any different when you diss Blu-Ray and big up HD DVD, i find it funny how you blame the sheep voting down anything HD DVD just because it has a low rating, did you ever think the people who have bought the same model are giving their feedback on it?

But no it HAS to be the "kids" who are voting it down, i mean it has a bad rating that cant be right............

Also who cares if its slow? Lots of people do, if i put a disc in and have to wait a while for it to even show any video its getting packed up in the box and taken back to the shop.

Please, for the love of God, LET IT GO.

5 page arguments start with these kind of replies.

Yusuf M.

Nice. Does this HD-DVD player have a VGA connection? I want to hook it up to my 22" LCD monitor.

Boz
Nice. Does this HD-DVD player have a VGA connection? I want to hook it up to my 22" LCD monitor.

I don't think it does.. DVI or VGA.. but you can get DVI to HDMI or HDMI to DVI cable and hook it up no problems. The only thing you need to worry about is that your 22" LCD monitor is HDCP compliant as your HD DVD content won't play right.. It's new gen copy protection for anything HD related.

Yep, no DVI nor VGA on D3..

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...test%5Fcookie=1

look down in the specs. But HDMI is digital and if you have newer LCDs it will have DVI (digital too) so you can buy cheap HDMI to DVI and you are set.

Kraftman

Does anyone know if this is just Eastern Canada though? If I call Futureshop, will the minions there know whether or not they are selling this on boxing day?

GNRambo
Does anyone know if this is just Eastern Canada though? If I call Futureshop, will the minions there know whether or not they are selling this on boxing day?

I'm 99% sure it's for all of Canada. I received this advertisement via email from futureshop.ca and it doesn't say anywhere that its only in eastern Canada.

TheNay

I'd buy one but my igloo would melt if I get this and a nice HDTV with it, grrr.. I hate leaving up in the great white north!

$99 not bad, I wouldn't wait in 2-3 hour line up for it tho

GNRambo
I'd buy one but my igloo would melt if I get this and a nice HDTV with it, grrr.. I hate leaving up in the great white north!

$99 not bad, I wouldn't wait in 2-3 hour line up for it tho

Then order it online on boxing day ;) (no need to use your sled dogs)

Edited by Sumeet
Yusuf M.
I don't think it does.. DVI or VGA.. but you can get DVI to HDMI or HDMI to DVI cable and hook it up no problems. The only thing you need to worry about is that your 22" LCD monitor is HDCP compliant as your HD DVD content won't play right.. It's new gen copy protection for anything HD related.

Yep, no DVI nor VGA on D3..

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...test%5Fcookie=1

look down in the specs. But HDMI is digital and if you have newer LCDs it will have DVI (digital too) so you can buy cheap HDMI to DVI and you are set.

Cool. My LCD monitor is HDCP compliant and I can use the HDMI-to-DVI adapter that came with my video card. The adapter has a female HDMI port and a male DVI port.

Ji@nBing

That's a pretty crazy deal. If I were in the market for a player, I'd be all over that.

NienorGT

Woot! Offtopic but I saw the MX Revolution at only $70 (Regular is $137!). Can't wait to get one :D

Thanks Sumeet!

TruckWEB

Okay, where not talking about the A3 here but a special version made for some stores (Costco, FutureShop, ...) it's the HD-D3. Comes with the same 2 movies in the box.

Looks to be the same exact thing as the A3.... I don't get that one... Why do a D3 that is the same as the A3? Funny thing is, FutureShop also sell the A3, A30, A35....