Music DJ software?

Hey guys, for my girlfriend for her christmas i wanted to make her a cd, she loves rubbish brum and bass/ dance and trance crap.

anyways im always telling her i could make up those songs if i had a music dj software, my question is...where can i get a good dj software to make up my own drum and bass tarcks?

Thanks, Cammy

me either... hardware is better but software is okay, these times... even aphex twin uses his macbook mostly.

the website posted above is nice... :)

however, you dont really like that kinda music so dont bother going into the hardware.

isnt he looking more for like... a sampler-programm to actually "make" the drumNbass tracks?

for dj-ing virtualDJ rocks, just like traktor, which i use, mainly, because i bought the whole NI-suit. and i liked it before...

but for producing music... use cubase, i really mean it, its the best.

for just showing "i can to it too" try these ejay or magix music makers, they are easy tu use and you get some... kinda... somehow like decent results...

• 2 weeks later...

Reaper, Cubase, Pro Tools, Adobe Audition, Reason... the list is pretty big, but just using software is pretty ****, you need to pick up a midi controller. You can get one for like ?50.

Or even better... my new toy:pp

MPD24_top.jpg

So you are trying to actually make tracks here, and not just... mix pre existing tracks?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

so you have no experience whatsoever with music production of any kind, and you want to make up some tracks for your gfs birthday?

are you another one of those people who thinks that dance music is basic?

haha.

if youre gunna mix other peoples tracks, get hold of Traktor, Torq, Pioneer DJS or even Ableton Live...

If you wanna learn to produce music, get hold of Cubase or Logic... but be prepared to be learning for a good 5+ years....

heh.

im always telling her i could make up those songs if i had a music dj software

And knew how to use it both at a technical and music-theory level. Then had the years to invest in actually getting to a decent level.

And knew how to use it both at a technical and music-theory level. Then had the years to invest in actually getting to a decent level.

heh.

i always find it sooooo funny when people try and tell me that electronic music production requires little to no musical talent or knowledge at all, and that anyone can do it...

heh.

Yeah by the sound of things, you are just telling your girlfriend you can make tracks because you think it is easy...Well sorry to dissapoint you man, but she will hate the stuff you make...I have been doing it for about a year and a half, and I still haven't made anything ground breaking...I mean, I can mix, I can compose tracks, but I still haven't achieved anything great as an artist...Sounds like you are just trying to show off. In which case, go download Ejays or some crap like that and put loops together. It'll be mediocre sounding tracks, but hey, you are asking for the easy way...

And if I have read you wrong then I apologize, but it does bug me a little when people think making electronic music is just pushing a bunch of buttons...Programs like Ejays just make it easier for the masses of kids who think they are DJ's...But being original takes so much more ;)