The Man from Earth

The simpsons

In no particular order...

National Treasure: Book of Secrets

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Transformers

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

The Simpsons

I didn't get a chance to see some other ones that would probably be up there if I had (i.e. Bourne, Superbad). 3:10 to Yuma was a decent movie, but I don't think it was top material. The Halloween remake was terrible. It's been a pretty great year for movies though. There were a bunch that I wanted to see that I didn't get a chance to.

-Spenser

28 Weeks Later

30 Days of Night

Dead Silence

Death Proof (Grindhouse)

Death Sentence

Grindhouse

Halloween (remake - absolutely loved Rob Zombie's re-envisioning)

Hannibal Rising (a nice prequel, certainly better than most recently horror prequels out there)

Hostel: Part II (awesome, very gruesome dark humor sequel)

I Am Legend

Live Free or Die Hard

Planet Terror (Grindhouse)

Rush Hour 3

Saw IV

Shoot 'Em Up

Shrek The Third

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

That's my top films of the year. The ones in bold are my top ten and the one in red bold is my favorite film of the year. I listed Death Proof and Planet Terror separately and Grindhouse because both films are very enjoyable by themselves, but combined are perfect, although I think they would have done a lot better had they started with Death Proof (the slower of the two films) and then Planet Terror, but Grindhouse still rocks IMO.

Anyone who knows me, knows I'm a huge fan of the Saw franchise and I honestly don't think the Saw IV was as bad as what some people think. The Saw franchise definitely does one thing differently than most other horror franchises, they keep re-inventing themselves. Saw IV was unique IMO because they didn't find some cheesy way to bring John back to life, he's dead, plain and simple. I loved it myself, but obviously we're all entitled to our opinion (no matter how wrong it might be :p j/k).

Hurmoth you like that boiling pile of crap called 30 Days of Night, not a good vampire flick at all and I personally am in love with vampire flicks.

What was wrong with it? Just out of curiosity?

It had no plot line what so ever, just stay in a house for 30 days and don't get seen.

Plot for 30 Days of Night: After an Alaskan town is plunged into darkness for a month, it is attacked by a bloodthirsty gang of vampires.

What more do you need for a plot with vampires? Every other vampire movie has used the same plots over and over. This one changed it up a little actually. Maybe you didn't like it because it was different than your typical vampire film?

I still enjoyed it. To each their own I guess.

There were a ton of really good ones this year. Let me see if I can remember them all. No particular order.

Knocked Up

Superbad

Hot Rod

Blades of Glory

Norbit

Transformers

Perfect Stranger

Bourne Ultimatum

The Simpsons

American Gangster

Die Hard 4

Plot for 30 Days of Night: After an Alaskan town is plunged into darkness for a month, it is attacked by a bloodthirsty gang of vampires.

What more do you need for a plot with vampires? Every other vampire movie has used the same plots over and over. This one changed it up a little actually. Maybe you didn't like it because it was different than your typical vampire film?

I still enjoyed it. To each their own I guess.

I've watched every Vampire movie since Nosferatu and I've seen my share of crap.

300 was by far and away my fav. Brilliant art direction too.

That was followed by 1408 which I really loved and then probably Die Hard 4 and Saw 4 followed (although Saw was probably my 3rd fav behind Saw 1 and 3)

Transformers was good for one viewing but the second on the small screen was really dull. After the glitzy effects loses it's effect the film is left with little substance and the witt-witty character is far too annoying (second only to that fat hacker guy who really served no purpose and could have been cut from the movie along with the girl from the uni who cracks the code). The close up shaky cam combat sequences were a bit aqward on the big screen as it is but on the small screen they really fail to impress. Hopefully they don't shoot the next film so cheaply and add bring the camera out a bit more.

Pirates was a huge disapointment. It was a complete let down and really missed something the other films in the series had. The plot lines just didnt flow or work propperly from that stupid queen of the ocean side plot (based on a character who had been pivotol in the other 2 films without them mentioning that she had this quite vital background...wtf?) and the other where the Cracken just washed up dead after being one of the coolest parts in the 2nd. Bah.

Simpsons also sucked and sucked hard. It tried to hard to be funny every 3 seconds as opposed to using the subtle humour which the show thrives on. I'm not a HUGE simpsons fan but still watch it fairly frequently as I find it enjoyable enough despite not being overly funny. The movie but was just lame and they certainly took the wrong direction with it IMHO.

The Bourne Ultimatum

I Am Legend

Rescue Dawn

Ratatouille

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Zodiac

Fracture

Knocked Up

Mr. Brooks

Sunshine

Transformers