xbox live down?

Though I'm a silver user, I have to admit I have noticed absolutely no issues - save for one random sign-out, which was quickly fixed with a hit of the Guide button :/

all these people who moan about paying if you dont like it then cancell and go and moan somewhere else, it works out to be less that 1p per day for XBL in the UK so go figure.

I just hope they get it sorted soon

Yes it does not cost a whole lot but I paid for the premium level of service and I expect a certain level service availability especially during holidays when I am at home. I dont play every day and I am sure no body on live plays every day (ok maybe some of them but a vast majority dont) so for all those days that MS charges me money eventhough I am not playing/using the service they shud be working to get the service up to the point that they will not run into problems like these whenthe customers need the service the most. Moreover most of that money they are putting into DRM and other anti consumer rather than pro customer initiatives.So yes I/everybody else ****ed off do have the right to whine if you have a problem with it then you go somewhere else.

If u take a rental car and it breaks down they give u a replacement. See how wud u feel if they say that u are the most insignficant part of there business and they dont care for your money since they charge everyone the same amount and you are nothing special.

Its my right as a consumer to demand a service level that I pay for.

Yes it does not cost a whole lot but I paid for the premium level of service and I expect a certain level service availability especially during holidays when I am at home. I dont play every day and I am sure no body on live plays every day (ok maybe some of them but a vast majority dont) so for all those days that MS charges me money eventhough I am not playing/using the service they shud be working to get the service up to the point that they will not run into problems like these whenthe customers need the service the most. Moreover most of that money they are putting into DRM and other anti consumer rather than pro customer initiatives.So yes I/everybody else ****ed off do have the right to whine if you have a problem with it then you go somewhere else.

If u take a rental car and it breaks down they give u a replacement. See how wud u feel if they say that u are the most insignficant part of there business and they dont care for your money since they charge everyone the same amount and you are nothing special.

Its my right as a consumer to demand a service level that I pay for.

Yep, I work 50 a week and Sundays are my only day off. I play xbox live 5 hours or so on Sunday's so guess what. No live for me today....Kinda fustrating

ffs now its telling me that even though im sighed into XBL zuma which i brought over a year ago isnt the full version, this is starting to take the **** now.

By any chance is that your 2nd 360?

The point is, we're paying for this service and it's reliability is supposed to be what differentiates it from free networks such as the Playstation network. If we loose that then what the hell are we paying for?

sure, tell that to the cable company and the electric company. Just when your team is about to score the winning goal and the power goes out or the cable company chips in those "This is a test of the emergency system, if this was a real emergency, official messages would follow this prompt".

I'm sure you pay about $100/month to your cable company PLUS another $50 a MONTH for electricity, If the power goes out for a while we all just get out the flashlights and candles or go outside and get air.

I pay $100 a month on my cell phone bill yet i go some places and it doesn't work there, do i call and bitch at them? Since we're talking about availability and reliability i figured i'd throw that in there.

You pay for those and even if the power was out for 2 days because of whatever reason (storm and all) you don't complain to your power company talking about refunds. They'd just laugh at you.

hehe, deleted the wrong one - ;)

I am having a really strange problem since this all began. I finally decided to try and stream content from my PC to my 360 and was setting up Media Center but my computer will not see the Xbox. I have tried unlpugging cables, different cables, resetting router, resetting 360 network settings to factory defaults, and turned off auto login to Live on my gamertag. No matter I cannot connect the 2.

Here is where it gets super freaky. I started a continuous ping from my PC to the Xbox while resetting the 360 to factory defaults on the network tab then tested Xbox Live connection. My computer could ping the 360 up until it tried to connect to live then it timed out. I tried the same thing again but instead of testing Live I chose Media but never got a reply from the ping. Could anyone shed some light on this and tell mewhat it could mean if anything? I am clueless as to what might be causing it. Thanks.

sure, tell that to the cable company and the electric company. Just when your team is about to score the winning goal and the power goes out or the cable company chips in those "This is a test of the emergency system, if this was a real emergency, official messages would follow this prompt".

I'm sure you pay about $100/month to your cable company PLUS another $50 a MONTH for electricity, If the power goes out for a while we all just get out the flashlights and candles or go outside and get air.

I pay $100 a month on my cell phone bill yet i go some places and it doesn't work there, do i call and bitch at them? Since we're talking about availability and reliability i figured i'd throw that in there.

You pay for those and even if the power was out for 2 days because of whatever reason (storm and all) you don't complain to your power company talking about refunds. They'd just laugh at you.

hehe, deleted the wrong one - ;)

BTW in case you havent figured as yet power companies charge on actual usage of electricity which means they dont charge you when u are not. take look at your electricity bill next time

COD4 worked flawlessly last night.

today I can't even get past the "downloading game settings" screen when I click xbox live. Either I get errors saying unable to join game (wtf?? at a login screen?) or i get errors saying i need an internet connection :laugh:

it's just so annoying, that I stopped trying

I've been trying to retreive my account for the past two weeks with no luck.

The worst part is that it makes different progress each time. Sometimes I can get about 90% done and it says not avaliable. Bull ****!

What a waste of a half of month of service. And who knows when they will actually fix this.

Microsoft makes good stuff (ie Xbox, Windows), but why the hell can't they make something that works everytime. Nintendo and Sony have this figured out. PS3 is starting to look damn good right about now.

BTW in case you havent figured as yet power companies charge on actual usage of electricity which means they dont charge you when u are not. take look at your electricity bill next time

True but you will get charged even if you dont use anything at all, they have their fees and all that. Samething with the home phone. it's about $30/month to have it even if you don't make or answer a single call on the line. I had a home phone and have my cell, nobody called the home line incase i was out. Instead of making 2 calls they'd just call my cell in the first place. I still paid $33 or so per month for not using it.

well guys, im off of work now, but they still havent got an official time when xbox live will be officially up and running. There has also been no word by MS on if they will compensate for the missing time as well. If you do read the EULA and TOA though, it does give MS the right to pull the servers and service down at anytime for any length of time, and they are not liable for refunding any of the time that is lost. While this is a crappy situation, it will be fixed. Just remember, gaming isnt life, so dont take it so seriously, and stop giving those people at the support line such a hard time, they dont run the servers :p

Nevermind my post earlier about not being able to connect. I am stupid and forgot to go into Computer settings and disconnect whatever one was there in the first place. Gonna go bang my head on a spiked wall for being dumb and hope they fix Live for everyone soon.

This really sucks. I've been without my 360 for 2 1/2 months (for various reasons) and I finally just got back up and running yesterday. Of course Live! is down :pinch:

True but you will get charged even if you dont use anything at all, they have their fees and all that. Samething with the home phone. it's about $30/month to have it even if you don't make or answer a single call on the line. I had a home phone and have my cell, nobody called the home line incase i was out. Instead of making 2 calls they'd just call my cell in the first place. I still paid $33 or so per month for not using it.

Ever try to call and complain? Guess not for I have been credited for problems with my serivce.

it seems to be working ok...i cant add a friend. and when playing CoD4 it doesnt show how many players are in a type of match. it toke a while to connect to a match though but i was still able to play.

Oh lordy, the e-petitions have started ;)

As has been mentioned, you wouldn't get jack from the phone/gas/electric companies. I don't ever remember reading a guarantee'd uptime percentage.

Bottom line, I'm sure they're working on it as hard as they can, it'll be come back, and they'll take the hit from it with complaints.