PS3 - Picture stuck on 1080p on non-1080p TV

I took my PS3 around to a friends house last night. He had a 1080p TV so I changed it from its usual 1080i to the optimal resolution. I bought the PS3 back home and pluegged it in to hear sound but no picture. I then clicked as to knowing what the problem was. I cannot seem to find anywhere online as to what to do in this situation.

I would be greatful if anyone could maybe tell me what buttons I need to press in order to make the PS3 rescan automatically to the optimal resolution.

I can hear sound so can go by clicks.

Latest Firmware.

Thanks before hand.

If the video output settings on the PLAYSTATION?3 do not match those of the cable or TV in use, there may be no picture. If the screen goes blank, turn off the system. Then, with only the PLAYSTATION?3 and the TV connected, touch the system's power button for more than 5 seconds to turn the system back on. The video output settings will automatically be reset to the standard resolution.

****. I wish I had seen this yesterday. Rofl, I bought my PS3 to my friends house and realized that I do not have an HDMI to HDMI cable (I use my monitor to play on at home, so I have an HDMI to DVI cable). Anyway, I used the component cables on his TV, and the sound worked but no picture. Here I am thinking ****, what do I do? The manual had nothing from what I could see. I then drove home and memorized how many times to go down each menu till I set it to the right mode. Lmfao. It was hilarious. But this will help as I am reconnecting it up as we speak :)

Out of interest, why do you have it set to 1080i?

What's the native resolution of your set?

No idea. The PS3 detects 1080i as the TV's optimal resolution. No idea what the native resolution is. Maybe it downscales 1080i to 720p?

I cannot even find the manual for my TV on LG's website. It's an LG27***** but they don't list any 27" TVs at all. It is 27" though as when I went to buy it there was ?5 difference between the 26" and 27" models.