• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Where to find cheap HDMI cables in Canada

ambiance    67

Where can I find some decent cables at a good price in Canada?

Hell-In-A-Handbasket    277

amazon ?

other then that i dont know

Where can I find some decent cables at a good price in Canada?

ambiance    67

Thanks for the suggestions. I ordered from monoprice and paid more for shipping than the cables, but I don't care because it's still cheaper than the green eyed monster.

DPyro    769

I got mine from monoprice too, and yes they do charge more for shipping but you'll find you won't get any duty charges when you receive your package.

crbmnky    0

Monoprice is good but shipped from California (can be slow, especially at border). Plus, for orders over a certain amount you'll be charged customs 'brokerage' fees wrapped into the UPS shipping fees. I go to Connexpert.ca now. They are based in Canada and offer cheap shipping if you don't track, as well as regular shipping.

Cheers.

Rudy    457

+1 to monoprice

Lexcyn    88

Monoprice is good but shipped from California (can be slow, especially at border). Plus, for orders over a certain amount you'll be charged customs 'brokerage' fees wrapped into the UPS shipping fees. I go to Connexpert.ca now. They are based in Canada and offer cheap shipping if you don't track, as well as regular shipping.

Cheers.

I've never been charged brokerage fees, even when I ordered a TV wall mount that was like 100lbs. Also, I find Monoprice ships pretty quick, especially since everything you can get from there is super cheap and amazingly high quality.

Must have purchased 20 or so HDMI cables from there and they are all working great.

Monoprice for the win! :cool:

blade1269    86

Hey,

Here in the US Home depot, has hdmi extenders, making short cables long.

Hdmi Coupler, From bing.com

This is what they look like.

crbmnky    0

I've never been charged brokerage fees, even when I ordered a TV wall mount that was like 100lbs. Also, I find Monoprice ships pretty quick, especially since everything you can get from there is super cheap and amazingly high quality.

Must have purchased 20 or so HDMI cables from there and they are all working great.

Monoprice for the win! :cool:

As i said, these fees are part of the price you pay to UPS, Purolator or whoever. Basically, you're paying them to do the processing for you. Shipping a product UPS from Portland, Oregon is likely going to cost you more than the same product with UPS from Vancouver even though the distance is the same. If you're order is under the threshold amount set by the border, then you can use USPS and nobody has to process your order at the border - it will simply transfer to Canada Post. That's why USPS can be so cheap.

Anyways this post is titled "Where to find cheap HDMI cables in Canada". Not "Where to find cheap HDMI cables in the US". So far, connexpert.ca is the cheapest Canadian online retailer I've found. If you're looking to get your hands on something right away, try the dollar store.

Matrix XII    38

monoprice.com

http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepar...amp;cp_id=10231

and yes they do ship to canada

I have spent hundreds of dollars at monoprice.com and they have never let me down. I highly recommend them.

Their shipping is very reasonable and never took more than 2 weeks for me.

kizzaaa    13

I usually get my HDMI and other connectivity cables from eBay (if I can wait about a week). They're cheap, usually gold plated and work well.

crbmnky    0

I have spent hundreds of dollars at monoprice.com and they have never let me down. I highly recommend them.

Their shipping is very reasonable and never took more than 2 weeks for me.

I have also spent hundreds of dollars at monoprice, but am learning now that there are good alternatives in Canada. Why wait 2 weeks when you can wait a few days. To name just a few:

123inkcartridges

CableSalesCanada.com

Connexpert.ca (bilingual)

justonecable

Of course, cost of shipping varies from one to the next. Just have to shop around.