Feedback Appreciated

Question

Hi All,

Some of you may remember my previous thread on a project I was working on, called Transit. I would appreciate any further feedback on it, as I plan to release it shortly.

I would also like to know how much you guys would be willing to pay for it (if anything).

It is located here.

The user name and password are demo.

Thanks in advance,

Smctainsh

Edited by smctainsh

Hmmm, when opening the folders would it be possible to maybe make it single click instead of doulbe to open them? I guess it is ok how it is, but for some reason it seems like everything on the web is always single click to open.

Just an idea.

I could add that option in, however, it is designed to emulate some of the standard features of Windows Explorer, such as double-clicking to open a folder. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Smctainsh

I've updated the interface (so that there is now a toolbar at the top of the screen with options, replacing the bar on the left), and am in the process of updating the windows to make them more user friendly (e.g. the delete dialog).

Any further feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Smctainsh

I dunno much, but dayuhm, that looks good.

I dunno how much I'd be willing to pay for it (I'm in high school, I'm not willing to pay for much), but I think $20 - $30 sounds the right place for me.

I've updated this project, making major changes to the interface and underlying code. Any further feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks to everyone so far who has posted feedback; I really appreciate it! :)

I am planning to release this with a retail price of US$30. Any comments on this? :)

Thanks in advance,

Smctainsh

That sounds like a good price.

And it looks good too, especially those yummy Tango icons. And the login screen is just awesome.

Thanks for the feedback. :) Any other comments?

Smctainsh

It looks really nice. It would be good for small business as sharepoint will probably dominate the larger business. I'm curious on the download and install. Considering this would use MySQL, is this going to be provided to users with the package. Does it have an admin page where someone in a company could add users to login and manage their folders remotely, etc?

That's awesome! Well done that man.

Thanks for the kind words. :)

It looks really nice. It would be good for small business as sharepoint will probably dominate the larger business. I'm curious on the download and install. Considering this would use MySQL, is this going to be provided to users with the package. Does it have an admin page where someone in a company could add users to login and manage their folders remotely, etc?

Thanks. :) PHP and MySQL are required to run Transit, and an installation script is provided to ensure that installation is as hassle-free as possible. When you log in, there is a Users button on the top menu bar which allows you to add and delete users; the users which are added can see all of the files that you can see. MySQL is only used for user management, however, so this means that you can add files to the upload folder using FTP (and not just the 'Add File' window in Transit).

Smctainsh