Paramount in HD DVD blow

How rude. Get called out on the crap you write and you resort to namecalling. You are the immature one unlike the people you were flinging insults at in this and other threads.

Actually the only one who hasn't been rude and childish in this and other threads recently has been Boz.

and unlike most peopel in this thread like kak's latest post, he knows what he's talking about.

Actually the only one who hasn't been rude and childish in this and other threads recently has been Boz.

and unlike most peopel in this thread like kak's latest post, he knows what he's talking about.

+1

Sorry but calling people stupid, numbnuts, telling them to "STFU" just because they dont agree with him and offer the flip side of the discussion id pretty much say that he is childish and rude.

Sorry but he doesnt know what hes talking about, all of his "predictions" and his "insider knowledge" have all pretty much turned out to be untrue. He is very hippocritical, when the BDA do something its bad for the consumer and when the HD DVD Group do the exact same its the best thing since sliced bread.

Im also sick and tired of him bringing up the $99 HD DVD player, that was a one off in the USA selling off discontinued stock just to flood the market btw, every time someone brings up a valid point for Blu-ray.

Sorry but calling people stupid, numbnuts, telling them to "STFU" just because they dont agree with him and offer the flip side of the discussion id pretty much say that he is childish and rude.

He didn't call ppl that just because they didn't agree with him...

Every time theres is a post against HD-DVD, someone post "where is Boz now"... "1..2..3.. here comes Boz"... I can go on like this... And this is not how Boz behaved...

Every time theres is a post against HD-DVD, someone post "where is Boz now"... "1..2..3.. here comes Boz"... I can go on like this... And this is not how Boz behaved...

Yes because he has a holier than thou on his high horse attitude, the way he puts across his information is like he knows everything and everyone else knows nothing, he keeps bringing up defunct points and all his "insider" knowledge. Thats the only reason people act like they do towards him.

Yes because he has a holier than thou on his high horse attitude, the way he puts across his information is like he knows everything and everyone else knows nothing, he keeps bringing up defunct points and all his "insider" knowledge. Thats the only reason people act like they do towards him.

Thats not an excuse to act like a child...

dude, he's done, don't worry, i have it quoted...

If you aren't 12 years old I feel sorry for you...I really do.

Is it possible that any topics you people post in can actually stay on topic? Or are they all just going to turn into the children bashing Boz threads?

How rude. Get called out on the crap you write and you resort to namecalling. You are the immature one unlike the people you were flinging insults at in this and other threads.

I have to agree, I have never jumped into one of these discussions, only read, and I can say that Boz is better than I because I would have done some name calling quite some time ago. It's like everyone against Boz or something. When everyone announced that Warner went Blu, they were looking to ridicule Boz and he came into the thread peacefully and stated his opinion. One person called his response "anti-climactic" because it was different than they expected.

Hats of to Boz.

Have you guys heard in the beginning why Microsoft didn't want to support "Blu-Ray"? HD-DVD was going to be more supportive and compatible with Microsoft Windows. You guys know that Blu-Ray is Sony, so if you want to use a Sony Invention then you deserve all the restrictions that Sony gives...see Sony wants to have control of what the consumer can and can not do. HD-DVD would never do what Sony does to the consummer. I'm sorry for anyone that wants to support Blu-Ray.

Yes both have some sort of copy protection. And I sure that sony's will have some compatibility issues with PCs. Remember when Sony imbedded the Root-Kit into their CDs and DVDs so people could not copy anything onto their own computer (even if the content wasn't Copy-Written). Think about it. and if I'm wrong, do prove it!

See heres the problem...Fanboyism is like a religion, and bluray fanboys want bluray to win soooo bad because they need something to believe in...just like a religion. and bluray fanboys are almost cultist.....like apple fanboys. Long live Sony...long live steve jobs. makes me sick

See heres the problem...Fanboyism is like a religion, and bluray fanboys want bluray to win soooo bad because they need something to believe in...just like a religion. and bluray fanboys are almost cultist.....like apple fanboys. Long live Sony...long live steve jobs. makes me sick

Please.......there are equal amounts of Blu-ray AND HD DVD fanboys about naming no names.

+1

Boz has some legitimate points but he gets to worked up and starts bringing up nonsense. He speaks criticially of Warner accepting money from the Blu-Ray group (something there is no evidence of) and yet overlooks that the HD-DVD group openly paid Paramount and others.

I don't know how you can say that. Have you even read his posts in this and other topics? Most of his points are completely unfounded and confrontational - it's getting embarassing. I post in most Blu-Ray / HD-DVD topics because I am very interested in the subject but I haven't been accused of bias / being fanatical and yet Boz has countless times.

Let me just say that I have got no problem with Boz except when he spuriously defends HD-DVD / criticises Blu-Ray, like he has done in this topic. He started by pointing out legitimately that the article had no evidence / sources but lost the plot when we started accusing the Financial Times of effectively being a marketing tool for the BDA and acting petulant when suggesting that Warner accepted a huge amount of money. He also talked about how HD-DVD was offering huge money and the "deal was set" yet failed to provide a source, implying insider sources or a level of information he has not demonstrated that he possesses.

NEway, these discussions can get quite heated, which is amusing considering that there are very few differences between the two formats. I apologise if I came across as aggressive / confrontational, as that is not what I intended - however, I have no tolerance for nonsense.

Fanboyism is like a religion, and bluray fanboys want bluray to win soooo bad because they need something to believe in...just like a religion. and bluray fanboys are almost cultist..

Give over, fanboys on both sides are just as bad, you only have to go on AVS forum or Hi def digest to see that

This article may be mostly speculative, but I think it should be fairly obvious that Paramount, with HD-DVD only retaining something like ~20% of the movie studio's support these days, would want to get out of a contract binding them to the losing format anyway. What can be questioned is when, however.

Well, heres my opinion.

First of all, i dont support any side just yet. And, all of those studios that decided to side with one of the HD camps, they just wont have any kind of pity from me if it just happens to be the losing side.

These studios have enourmous amounts of money, so this is just peanuts for them. Also, those of you that think that these studios that chose to exclusively support one or the other camp, did so without knowing the risks involved, even more so being two major commercial formats available. Yes, commercial. All these studios that have either media on the market must think it has its merits to invest in it. It could be commercial deals, market penetration, or just the name or push of the company behind the format. Who knows.

At the end of the day, the consumer pays for their mistakes if a format loses. And everyone gets back to their normal life. Thats business.

If BD is winning right now... good for them. If it was HDDVD, well, also good for them. In the end, i think what people want is one format for all. No confusion, no difficult decisions on what format to support. As to tactics on who is the sleazyest, or has the best format... thats just the same dog with a different collar for me.

As for the discussion of Boz and the others, everyones entitled to their opinion, and to give or take critizism. To those that like to critizise him, ok, its your choice. But always remember that if you dont have anything positive to say, its almost always better to not say anything.

And Boz, if you dont like/cant take the critizism your statements get you... same advice goes to you. ;)

In the end, these companies dont deserve our loyalty or money. They MUST earn our business. Its our decision which one to support, and let them know what we want, or wont tolerate.

Mr.Ed (30 years young... :p )

what i think needs to happen to shut everyone the hell up about what is better or not is to just post the specs of each format. With the specs, we could clearly see which format is the bettter one.

It seems most people who are in support of the BR format are those who own a ps3 or bought a blu ray player already. If you dont have either, your most likely not going to support it. HDDVD support though seems to come from all over though.

From the information I have gained, and what I have experienced by watching movies on both formats, I am just baffeled at how the studies are picking bluray. Nothing has shown it to be the better of the 2 in anyway except for maybe the bluray disc not being scratchable so easy.

But yes, how about we stop all the comments of which is better and just post the specs of what each format can actually offer up. Specs shouldnt lie, and from those we should be able to shut up all but the fan boys, who then will continue to rant on how good whatever product is just because they own it and want it to go on.

It's the ranting over specs and which bit matters the most that causes all this fanboy argument nonsense. Lets not bother posting the specs as we could quibble about them all day, but at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is which format lasts. After all, the supposedbest-specced format may never win anyway (inferior VHS beat Betamax, anyone?).

It's the ranting over specs and which bit matters the most that causes all this fanboy argument nonsense. Lets not bother posting the specs as we could quibble about them all day, but at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is which format lasts. After all, the supposedbest-specced format may never win anyway (inferior VHS beat Betamax, anyone?).

That's what makes this format war different - VHS was inferior, but it was also cheaper. Here we have an inferior format that is more expensive winning, not based on consumer mass adoption, but on studio deals with the respective HD media groups. The consumer won the VHS/betamax war, but could very likely lose this war.

what i think needs to happen to shut everyone the hell up about what is better or not is to just post the specs of each format. With the specs, we could clearly see which format is the bettter one.

It seems most people who are in support of the BR format are those who own a ps3 or bought a blu ray player already. If you dont have either, your most likely not going to support it. HDDVD support though seems to come from all over though.

From the information I have gained, and what I have experienced by watching movies on both formats, I am just baffeled at how the studies are picking bluray. Nothing has shown it to be the better of the 2 in anyway except for maybe the bluray disc not being scratchable so easy.

But yes, how about we stop all the comments of which is better and just post the specs of what each format can actually offer up. Specs shouldnt lie, and from those we should be able to shut up all but the fan boys, who then will continue to rant on how good whatever product is just because they own it and want it to go on.

I don't have a ps3 or Blu-Ray player, yet I'm in the camp that supports Blu-Ray, and I have been from the beginning. I see it as the superior format. If you want to know why, read the link in my sig.