Is this TV 1080p compatible?

1366 x 768 pixels

But it'll accept 480i/p, 720p, 1080i/p signals and scale it up/down to the native res (720p).

So even though it accepts the signal, it still scales it down to 720p?

Well, I have a Toshiba big screen that is 720p/1080i and if this one is like mine, then it will not display a 1080p image as a 1080p TV will....

But to answer your question, YES, this TV is 1080p Compatible. It will display a picture on your TV if a device is sending it a 1080p signal!

1080p means 1920x1080 resolution with a progressive image.

so if you see the resolution and it says 1920x1080 you know its at least a 1080 tv, then you wanna see if it says progressive or interlaced and that will determine if its 1080p or 1080i

that is a 720p tv, but remember.. you really don't need a 1080p tv if its less than 40"

as you will not see a difference in resolution until its a larger screen and has a bigger area to fill a picture with.

Check this out:

http://bensbargains.net/deal/53184/?referrer=rss

Westinghouse TV's are awesome for the money.

andykling, i hope you mean it will take a 1080p signal and down scale it to 720p

Edited by EvSouL

that is a 720p tv, but remember.. you really don't need a 1080p tv if its less than 40"

as you will not see a difference in resolution until its a larger screen and has a bigger area to fill a picture with.

i agree. 1080p only comes into play on bigger screens. otherwise your eyes won't be able to tell the difference.

you still need to make sure you're buying a good tv. all 720p is def not the same.

that IS NOT 1080!!!!!

32" widescreen HDTV (16:9 aspect ratio)

built-in digital (ATSC) and analog (NTSC) tuners for over-the-air TV broadcasts (antenna required)

built-in QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)

1366 x 768 pixels

8-millisecond pixel response time

1600:1 contrast ratio

That is a 720TV no doubt.

I recently purchased a Sony Bravia KDL40V2500 from Fry's. I had considered buying the KDL32xxxx, as the picture quality was excellent and it's cheaper. I opted for the larger 40" only because my room is a bit too big to for the 32" and I had the cash to spare.

From everything I've heard and seen, the Sony Bravia line is EXCELLENT (which is why I purchased one of course). I recommend you go in to a store and take a look at the 32" - it might not do 1080P, but you can bet it's going to look damn good. As tomasarson said, you only really need 1080p if you're going for the larger screen sizes anyways.

I'm straying off topic here, but in what size range should I begin to consider 1080p?

I recently bought a 37" 720p Samsung, but I've been in two minds about returning and upgrading to a 40" full HD set. Would there even be a noticable difference? What size would you say the difference becomes visible?

I'm straying off topic here, but in what size range should I begin to consider 1080p?

I recently bought a 37" 720p Samsung, but I've been in two minds about returning and upgrading to a 40" full HD set. Would there even be a noticable difference? What size would you say the difference becomes visible?

I've just bought my 40 as you know and I'd say as a rule of thumb anything 40+ will benefit from 1080p, and the higher your start to go 1080p becomes more of a necessity.

Also depends on the uses of your TV, if you're going to be gaming (PC/Console) then 1080p 40+ becomes more of a need as well, especially if you're using it with a PC.

I'm going to be posting some high quality pics of my 40 1080p in the Sony topic at somepoint today, so you can have a quick look at things.

As for this TV, as others have said it's NOT 1080p native with the res it runs at.

I bought a 42" Vizio 1080p TV for $900 and its the best purchase I have ever made! :D

Also, any TV below 42" (maybe 37"s do I am not sure) usually will not support 1080p natively. And even if you switch it to 1080p from 720p there would be no difference because of the size.

42" Vizio Widescreen LCD HDTV - SamsClub

It's really a great buy.

The difference comes usually above 42" I believe. It may be more like 50" where it comes into play where there is a pretty BIG difference. But with 42" You notice a decent difference.

Edited by RedFlow

Then the Sony will blow you away, because the Westinghouse's are the lowest of the low.

Wow, that's good to know because the Sony's are cheaper than I expected anyway.

I recently purchased a Sony Bravia KDL40V2500 from Fry's. I had considered buying the KDL32xxxx, as the picture quality was excellent and it's cheaper. I opted for the larger 40" only because my room is a bit too big to for the 32" and I had the cash to spare.

From everything I've heard and seen, the Sony Bravia line is EXCELLENT (which is why I purchased one of course). I recommend you go in to a store and take a look at the 32" - it might not do 1080P, but you can bet it's going to look damn good. As tomasarson said, you only really need 1080p if you're going for the larger screen sizes anyways.

Thanks for the tip, I was hearing that the XBR line is really nice also so I might check into that too.

I bought a 42" Vizio 1080p TV for $900 and its the best purchase I have ever made! :D

Also, any TV below 42" (maybe 37"s do I am not sure) usually will not support 1080p natively. And even if you switch it to 1080p from 720p there would be no difference because of the size.

42" Vizio Widescreen LCD HDTV - SamsClub

It's really a great buy.

The difference comes usually above 42" I believe. It may be more like 50" where it comes into play where there is a pretty BIG difference. But with 42" You notice a decent difference.

How is the quality on the Vizio? I have heard good things from people I know, but never "expert" opinion.

I work in a sony shop and the 32s300 is not a full hd panel! Atm in the sony range u need to go up to the likes of the 40" to get the FULL HD the cheapest one bein the 40D3050...atm where selling that for ?899 and the 40V3000 for ?999! But there is a Z series gona kick in soon with a 37" bein 1080.....but dnt expect it to be cheap!

How is the quality on the Vizio? I have heard good things from people I know, but never "expert" opinion.

The quality of Vizio televisions aren't bad at all for the price. But that varies by model. Not all of them are good, but some are very good especially for their budget price. They announced some new ones at CES with chips in them that even high end brands out now don't have. So I would expect them to only get better.

The quality of Vizio televisions aren't bad at all for the price. But that varies by model. Not all of them are good, but some are very good especially for their budget price. They announced some new ones at CES with chips in them that even high end brands out now don't have. So I would expect them to only get better.

Interesting, I might have to check it out even though I might still stick with Sony since I can get Sony branded stuff. I am crazy like that, Sony TV = Sony surround sound, Sony Playstation, etc. :D

I own one.

I'm not saying they completely suck... but they really don't have good contrast ratios.

The colors look faded or washed out compared to other tv's, although the newer models are getting better.

They still have a long way to go on the picture quality.