Windows Vista SP1 Refresh Available

what kinda of changes do you see?

Just downloading now. I'm not clear if I am allowed to post my views on this build. See how I go.

Edited by 1Frothy

Interesting. Hopefully a near finished build. I only beta tested OneCare for MS so I'm not in on this, so hopefully you can share any new details you may find when it's done downloading, Frothy. :)

Interesting. Hopefully a near finished build. I only beta tested OneCare for MS so I'm not in on this, so hopefully you can share any new details you may find when it's done downloading, Frothy. :)

The only other tidbit is that this is regarded as the last build before RTM/RTW.

Long time before my download finishes MajinDark. But if I do have general comments I might post something.

oooh juicy :) Thanks for the headsup :) I can't wait to see what pops up next :)

I have a feeling that Windows Vista SP1 will RTM/RTW at the same time as Windows Server 2008 RTM/RTW. ;)

for the people waiting for it

? Adds support for x64 EFI

another nice improvement

• Windows Vista SP1 includes a new compression algorithm for the RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) that helps reduce network bandwidth required to send bitmaps or images via RDP. The compression, which can be selected by administrators via Group Policy settings, is transparent to all RDP traffic, and typically reduces the size of the RDP stream by as much as 25-60%, based on preliminary test results.

You can download the "vista sp1 rc refresh notabale changes" list to see whats different

Sure. I have that document. But I'm not about to copy/paste out of it. That might prove silly. :p

6001.17128.080101-1935 is the full build #.

so many languages...is the 5 language one english?

Windows Vista SP1 RC Refresh Enterprise for X86 and X64 VL English or just use the windows update cmd

but yeah odd they dont say what those 5 languages are... unlike with all the language packs..

Edited by bmaher

So I did the clean install of Vista SP1 Refresh.

post-168601-1199943396_thumb.png

+Seems faster

+4GB RAM now detected in 32-bit version

+No chattering Hard Disk after install

+So far all software installed, including NOD32 Version 3.0.621.0

+Explorer tasks very quick, noticably faster than RTM

-Real usable RAM still 3.32GB

That's it for now.