Windows Vista SP1 Refresh Available

did you read anything? They said these were the old ones that came out before. Obviously "Legit" as they are from microsoft.com but they are just old ones.

i thought i read that sp1 would not be slipstreamable? that wouldn't happen (publicly anyway) until sp2 for vista. there will be leaked images with sp1 integrated but from a home user point of view, the integrate switch won't work.

don't recall where i read that however.

i thought i read that sp1 would not be slipstreamable? that wouldn't happen (publicly anyway) until sp2 for vista. there will be leaked images with sp1 integrated but from a home user point of view, the integrate switch won't work.

Pretty sure you can do this with WAIK. (https://lb1.www.ms.akadns.net/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C7D4BC6D-15F3-4284-9123-679830D629F2&displaylang=en)

Really ntadeusz? I have not seen higher memory usage. How much memory does your PC have?

I have 2 GB memory. Before SP1 Refresh after boot memory usage was about 46% and now it is 50%. Performance is better and speed too.

Edited by Ntadeusz

Should be able to download the final image with sp1 included from microsoft legitimately. They've done this for SP1 testing.

So what's the vXXX number for this refresh build? v.7xx or are we up into the v.8xx numbers already?

huh? 8x? lol.... it's v.275 here ... it's not going to 1000 if hat's what you were thinking.

(oopsie - i wrote that wrong but yeah ;) )

This this correct? ...

• Build: 16659 (6001)
    Released: September 24th 2007
    Filename: Windows6.0-KB936330-X86.exe (687 MB)
    Info.: Currently being tested by TechBeta participants in the Windows Vista SP1 Beta Program as well as TechNet and MSDN subscribers.

• Build: ????? (????)
    Released: December 12th 2007
    Filename:Windows6.0-KB936330-wave1-X86.exe (548 MB)
    Info.: Release Candidate as an open beta to the general public. The RC build is documented to contain 489 patches, most of which are documented in the Microsoft Knowledge Base but are unavailable for download.

• Build: 17128 (.744) (6001.17128.080101-1935)
    Released: 9th January 2008
    Filename: ???
    Info.: Currently being tested by TechBeta participants in the Windows Vista SP1 Beta Program as well as TechNet and MSDN subscribers.

Edited by King Mustard

Downloaded and installed the integrated SP1 Refresh DVD from Connect.

Everything working great so far after the format. No driver/software related issues of note. Performance is about the same as the initial RC. (Y)

Well after uninstalling previous sp1 and running the WU reg file I was able to install the V744 sp1 refresh from windows update. I must say it is a vast improvment over the previous sp1 releases and the initial Vista release. Great stuff MS, I love beta testing when its like this. The previous one give me so much bother to update taking me all the way through the updates nearly 3 hours only to be told sp1 was not installed correctly and would reinstall my previous settings taking another 3 hours! This one however installed no problems and give me an instant boost. looking forward to the final release.

Regards

Scoop :rolleyes:

One thing that I noticed about the refresh compared to rc1 is that If my pc was overclocked and i put it to Hybird sleep and tried to wake it it would not work and had to turn off the pc but with the refresh it works just fine, anyone that had this problem before try it now and post to see it works now

So I assume this is just for invited people. I have the public build of RC, but I don't have the one that just came out (if it did come out).

Look at the post above you