UFC 84 Thread

That sucks for Jardine but you do know fighters make a lot of their money through sponsors.

yes i understand that.. but that really isn't alot unless you are a very big name. And although they do make side money aside from the card purse, it's still pretty ****ty for someone as big as the UFC which takes in a huge amount of money for 1 card, to give a fighter (any fighter) such little pay when they are risking themselves to make the company money. It really is pretty ****ty how they treat some fighters, yet they invite someone like Brock Lesnar into the UFC and give him $350k for one fight that we all knew he would lose, yet Jadine who is credible gets 10k???

Here is one that is even worse for Jardine.

To me they should be like the Fitch-Sanchez fight on the above link. Both fighters get the same and the winner gets the same amount again.

yes i understand that.. but that really isn't alot unless you are a very big name. And although they do make side money aside from the card purse, it's still pretty ****ty for someone as big as the UFC which takes in a huge amount of money for 1 card, to give a fighter (any fighter) such little pay when they are risking themselves to make the company money. It really is pretty ****ty how they treat some fighters, yet they invite someone like Brock Lesnar into the UFC and give him $350k for one fight that we all knew he would lose, yet Jadine who is credible gets 10k???

It does suck for Jardine. I suspect he may have been under pricing himself to get his foot in the door. Maybe he should not accept. You would hope the world of sports would be more ethical and especially with a fairly new sport, the owners would get it right and keep it right.

It does suck for Jardine. I suspect he may have been under pricing himself to get his foot in the door. Maybe he should not accept. You would hope the world of sports would be more ethical and especially with a fairly new sport, the owners would get it right and keep it right.

exactly. MMA is a billion dollar a year industry now, and the fighters risk themselves and their health for fans and for the love of the sport, i can't say i know any other pro athlete in any sport that makes as little as some of these fighters. It's sick. If i'm wrong, please show me some facts please.. because i would honestly love to know for example what the lowest paid member of the yankees makes per year

exactly. MMA is a billion dollar a year industry now, and the fighters risk themselves and their health for fans and for the love of the sport, i can't say i know any other pro athlete in any sport that makes as little as some of these fighters. It's sick. If i'm wrong, please show me some facts please.. because i would honestly love to know for example what the lowest paid member of the yankees makes per year

Exactly the same thing that happened to heavyweight boxing. The pricing for not getting severely injured in the head for playing other sports is a much better option. Most of the large athletes are in Basketball and Football now.

I can't believe how many people are surprised by that Silva fight. His back was to the wall, and he had to come out and make a statement. He had it all to lose, and Jardine didn't.

I can't believe how many people are surprised by that Silva fight. His back was to the wall, and he had to come out and make a statement. He had it all to lose, and Jardine didn't.

How do you figure Jardine had nothing to lose?

Did you miss the part about him only making 10k for this fight? Win bonus would have only given him 20k, so do you think his pay will go up from here, i highly doubt it. So yeah he had a ton to lose. Not to mention beating 2 of the biggest names in MMA and then losing an embarassing loss to Houston Alexander, he definitely had something to prove and something to lose.

Bubs correct, Silva could go to Grass Shack Hawaii and make more than 10Gs to fight my cousins nephew.