Man Rapes Stepson for Raping Daughter

Anyone else completely disgusted by this attitude? :no:

Yes

nope, if you had kids and someone did this to them, would you not want them to suffer to no end?

Some of us are a bit more open minded and do not allow our emotions cloud our rational judgment. I guess that rules you out.

Of those who advocate the death penalty or applaud the father for doing what was necessary (regardless of what you felt about the actual punishment), would you not believe that the best method would be an equal punishment for the father? If you disagree, why not?

Obviously the father, regardless of our sympathy towards him, committed a crime and should be punished according to the law.

I think a lot of us here can totally understand why the father did what he did. Personally I may not have jammed a wrench up the son's ass, but I would have taken matters into my own hands (with the full knowledge that there will be consequences). You can't just expect people to put full trust in our judicial system. It is far too lenient and everyone knows that. The son would not have gotten the punishment he deserved from the courts, so that father took matters into his own hands.

The father will and should be punished for this, but I'm sure he knew that when he did what he did. He was getting justice for his daughter.

Some of us are a bit more open minded and do not allow our emotions cloud our rational judgment. I guess that rules you out.

do you have kids?

and just because i said i wasn't disgusted by how other people said they would feel/act, doesn't mean i would do the same thing or agree with that action, but i don't understand were they would be coming from.

Stepfather is just as ****ed up as his stepson.

I am not a father, but I'm pretty sure I understand the dynamics of the relationship that some of you don't seem to.

As a father of an 8 year old you are responsible for ensuring she is loved and protected.

Raping an 8 year old girl is probably as bad as it gets beyond murder and torture, especially when that little girl is your stepsister.

Anyone who would violate the trust inherent to that relationship (not to mention anyone who would violate the trust relationship between any adult and child) is capable of more of the same and presumably much worse.

The father's course of action isn't the smartest, but unfortunately for him - he isn't an outside observer like yourselves devoid of emotion in the situation.

Having read the article he's obviously a man who has had problems making the right decisions in the past.

For those of you who aren't in favor of the course of action taken by the stepfather do you feel an 8-10 year prison sentence is appropriate? Notwithstanding the additional punishment he would more than likely receive in prison (from prisoners themselves, who's actions indcate they feel that justice is not served by such sentences)?

If you were in the unfortunate situation of this man, what would you truly do? I don't think any of us can say for sure. IF I made the same choice or more realistically had the same reaction knowing that it might prevent this from happening to another child whether by the offender, or someone reading about it in the news or seeing it on TV I could live with whatever sentence handed down. Conversely, were I the prosecutor, I wouldn't fight too hard against a temporary insanity defense.

Personally, if I were a judge and knew the way the legal system worked - I wouldn't have set the bail too high either...

Emotions are an evolutionary mechanism, and the anger generated in some of us by such an action by anyone against our or any child are biologically rooted. To deny these emotions is to deny what makes us human and part of what has gotten us this far.

Emotions are an evolutionary mechanism, and the anger generated in some of us by such an action by anyone against our or any child are biologically rooted. To deny these emotions is to deny what makes us human and part of what has gotten us this far.

In order for us to live in a society we must give up the primal human side of us and adopt a more 'civilized' thought process when it comes to others and their actions that may be against us. The man was not directly protecting his daughter, nor was he simply teaching his stepson a lesson. Instead he acted out vengeance on a man who had done him wrong, and in doing so committed a selfish and perverted act. He deserves whatever time he gets in my eyes.