Fringe - Season One

Saw this last night. This is a cool show...felt like I was watching a movie :) I'm looking forward to the next episode!

Yeah it had that sort of feel to it, also you wondered where the next twist and turn was coming from.

I hope it doesn't turn into a labyrinth of never ending mysteries surrounding secret organizations and shifty looking people popping up once in a while like in Lost.

X-Files did standalone episodes very well and it's a huge part of what made it so great. It seems like not many shows pull that off anymore.

Edited by Rob2687

Just Wow! :| Watching Episode 1 just now. This is like a modern X-Files. (Y)

Blown away so far. 9/10 for me.

yup same here.. loving it.

yup same here.. loving it.

Episode 1 just ended. :| Oh Wow. Just Wow, I think I just enjoyed that more than any movie I've seen this year, and it's a series so the next episode is just around the next bend.

Seriously great show.

I thought it was alright. The directing was good and I liked a bit of the premise, but some of it just seemed so vague and cliched. The acting was alright, but nothing spectacular in my book. Looking forward to more still, however.

I didn't like the pilot... 6/10

The black dude can't act when he has more than one lines. He was better on LOST since he had only a few :D The white chick just sucks. At some points it looked like she forgot her lines when you start looking at her face.

Although, I will watch episode 2. Hoping a stronger introduction is made...

I'm going to assume that you oh so delicately mean Lance Reddick. I highly suggest you watch The Wire and see just how wrong you are about his acting. He has a very specific style, that perfectly fits with the character they have casted him in. But then you probably just want to spout off like you know something rather than do a tad bit of research.

I'm going to assume that you oh so delicately mean Lance Reddick. I highly suggest you watch The Wire and see just how wrong you are about his acting. He has a very specific style, that perfectly fits with the character they have casted him in. But then you probably just want to spout off like you know something rather than do a tad bit of research.

Hell yeah, Lance is one hell of an actor . Watch The Wire and come back later ;) IMO, he acted like crap in Fringe, but , that's my 2 cents .

I hate those region limited services. The problem with them making it a world wide service sea, technically, is that they have contracts with local channels (or even the localized version of the same parent company, so to speak) so they have to be careful not to breach them. I think, anyway.

I'm almost finished with fringe and so far I like it, but I think the whole inocent nosy person vs evil misterious corporation is kinda worn out (heroes, lost, prison break, you name it?)

can someone tell me.. when the dude dies at the end, what does he say to her?? I didnt understand very well

One last thing. The girl totally looks like an older version of Blake Lively

Edited by Julius Caro

Another awesome episode!, only problem I have is it creates more mysteries!

Ever watched a J.J. Abrams show before? :p I don't think he actually believes in answers, just questions. I bet he's someone who answers a question with a question :laugh:

But I agree, good episode. Especially loved the part where they cut the girls eye out. Great stuff!

Ever watched a J.J. Abrams show before? :p I don't think he actually believes in answers, just questions. I bet he's someone who answers a question with a question :laugh:

But I agree, good episode. Especially loved the part where they cut the girls eye out. Great stuff!

Yeah it reminded me of Hostel :p

Its great that this show is actually quite extreme

As for the people who asked about what changed from the pilot that was leaked and the pilot that showed last week I was told by someone that the time difference the leaked was a longer episode and alot was cut out for the tv pilot not sure how true that is btw.

I watched the series premier and thought it was OK, maybe 6/10. Enough to peak my interest. Episode 2 was much better and I can see that the series will get better and better the more the story develops. I am very excited about it now.

My only complaints are the somewhat over-acting of the doctor (Walter?) and the son with his CONSTANT sarcastic comments. I think once the actors settle into their characters though they will be better.

Lance Reddick is the man though, I love that guy. I was a faithful watcher of The Wire.

Oh, and one of the things I look forward to in every new scene is the titling. They've done some way cool stuff making the titles look like part of the environment, even down to them reflecting in the water. Really cool stuff.