PS3 Media Server / Universal Media Server Guide

+Audioboxer
Yay - cant wait to try it..

Is he still working alone on the project? or has he gotten support?

Works alone on the project as far as I can tell.

ynnoj

I've been playing around with PSP Remote Play, very impressive.

+Audioboxer
I've been playing around with PSP Remote Play, very impressive.

Yeah it's great.

Quality of the vids is (Y) on the PSP's small screen ;)

+Audioboxer

Another update guys, be sure to grab it! Bugfixes and it's "final".

V2.0.3 final 24/Feb/2008

Fixed broken AAC to DTS conversion.

Fixed error extracting mkv if audio is ac3 and subtitles on.

Final version, tested on xp working completely.

Huleboeren

Wonder when it will be possible to keep the dts sound :(

Have you seen Master And Commander with dts? its amaaaaaaaaazing

+Audioboxer
Wonder when it will be possible to keep the dts sound :(

Have you seen Master And Commander with dts? its amaaaaaaaaazing

PS3 supports DTS, but not from the XMB bar :(

AC3 5.1 DD is good enough (Y)

The 360 can't even do AC3 5.1 and a non-transcoded MKV at the same time, it's one or the other!

3r1c said it himself,

there is no way to get 5.1 audio and h264 to work on xbox 360, its one or the other.

Fubar

sweet update :D this should be a sticky :)

Edit , having a problem with this release , when it remux's to vob it does it in less than 30 seconds yet it creates a vob thats 0kb in size , any idea's ? added all the exe's to ignore application and do not skin it in windowblinds as that caused problems before hand in the older releases but this time its not doing anything :s , worst thing is i deleted the previous release from the comp so stuck with this one lol any help would be appreciated :)

edit 2 , nevermind seemed it was one bad mkv files just tried another one and it worked , nice and fast too :)

Edited by Fubar

Huleboeren

The insufficient space issue still persists :(

I have 10gb free on my primary partition(where temp folder is)

I have 54gb free on my secondary partition where both the movie is, my moved temp folder, my output folder and mkv2vob itself :/

+Audioboxer
The insufficient space issue still persists :(

I have 10gb free on my primary partition(where temp folder is)

I have 54gb free on my secondary partition where both the movie is, my moved temp folder, my output folder and mkv2vob itself :/

3r1c's working on it,

Originally Posted by carbonkid View Post

"Insufficient Disk Space on C,You have 51.69GB you need 3063.68GB" (Isn't this a little bit too much for a 6.53GB file )

lol. well at least now i know the problem is not in the free space detection but the required space calculation.

ill have a look at it.

oh wait i think i figured it out myself.

your using foreign windows xp with (,) as a decimal seperator arent you?

mkvinfo returns the length in seconds of the movie like 1234.567 which on normal windows will round to 1234 but if your seperator is comma it will round to 1234567 thus the required space becomes 1000x what it should be.

I will fix this.

+Audioboxer
Im making option in the next version to add the subtitles even if language the same, and load from a seperate srt file.

Another update incoming.

Great news for those wanting to add external subtitles, that aren't included in the MKV.

zerolimit

very nice updates! keep them comming!

Fubar

latest version is out

V2.0.4 25/Feb/2008

Added Always Encode Subtitles option.

Added Load Subtitles from SRT option (put srt file in same folder as mkv with same name).

Added Overscan Compensation option (if subtitles look cut off on your tv).

Added more detailed descriptions for config options.

Added various other small improvements.

Fixed "Insufficient Disk Space" error where your decimal seperator of your OS is not a dot (some foreign windows versions).

Fixed "Type mismatch" run time error for some people.

Good thread but way too much work to play warezed movies. Xvid rips from torrent sites stream just fine to my 360, as well as the planet earth 720p hd series. shrug.

hmmm hardly too much work , since is fast as hell 2 mins for a 1.07gig file to remux hardly too much work specially when it does it all for you but each to their own :) remuxing even 1080p films now takes no time at all :) besides for me trying to watch a xvid on a 46inch hdtv is just poor quality lol only ever watch hd stuff now :)

Edited by Fubar

Huleboeren

Audioboxer, I think his planet earth HD copies are in WMV-HD

btw, my movies with dts now work in 2.0.4 :D

zerolimit

Divx movies look decent on my 50 inch but dont compare it to a 720p or a 1080p movie! And the work that is done is nothing to watch HD content!

+Audioboxer
Audioboxer, I think his planet earth HD copies are in WMV-HD

btw, my movies with dts now work in 2.0.4 :D

Maybe so, but if they're MKV, TVersity will be transcoding them on the fly.

I know, it's how I used to get my MKVs playing on my PS3 ;)

zerolimit

Transcoding looses video quality! not worth getting a mkv file and transcoding it on the fly! Right now I see no other way that will let you keep video quality and sound then mkvtovob! best way to watch your HD content on your PS3!! hands down!!

Fubar

Another Version Update :)

V2.0.5 26/Feb/2008

Updated tsmuxer to 1.3.6

Fixed Overscan Compensation not working.

Fixed SRT files not in UTF-8 special characters replaced with underscore.

Fixed Greek character encoding for subtitles.

zerolimit

dam this guy is a machine!!!

+Audioboxer

I got my new mobo today, and im just fixing a few bits and pieces (everything working :D).

I'll have my guide updated by tomorrow for MKV2VOB 2.05, and also have the PSP remote play section done/other sections freshened up :)

ynnoj
I got my new mobo today, and im just fixing a few bits and pieces (everything working :D).

I'll have my guide updated by tomorrow for MKV2VOB 2.05, and also have the PSP remote play section done/other sections freshened up :)

Good job man. I'm looking forward to the PSP guide, although I think I've it all set up now.

Huleboeren

Audioboxer, is it possible that you could ask a feature request for me? :D

It would be nice if once you select input folder - it automatically choose the same folder as output folder

The first mkv2vob without the fancy new interface did this, sorta

+Audioboxer
Audioboxer, is it possible that you could ask a feature request for me? :D

It would be nice if once you select input folder - it automatically choose the same folder as output folder

The first mkv2vob without the fancy new interface did this, sorta

I'll ask (Y)

zerolimit

I have been having problems with Wifi/Server it works but for some reason the picture quality goes really bad at some points, I get alot of little squares on my plasma!

Huleboeren

Did you check to see if your source file has the same issues on your computer?

zerolimit

source doesn't have that issue! plays perfect!

• Andrew featured and unpinned this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chandrakant
      Sony enables PlayStation 5 SSD upgrades via M.2 slot for beta testers
      by Chandrakant Isi

Sony's PlayStation 5 shipped with a dormant M.2 expansion slot. Months after the launch, the Japanese company is now opening up the M.2 slot to beta testers. Those who like to tinker with their gaming console can boost its internal storage by adding an SSD. If you would like to give it a shot, Sony has provided an elaborate guide with some software and hardware requirements.

For starters, PCIe Gen4 x4 M.2 NVMe SSDs with capacity ranging from 250 GB to 4 TB are advised to be used with Sony's console. The recommended sequential read speed is 5,500MB/s or faster. More importantly, you can't simply stick any SSD into the PS5. Sony requires it to feature an effective heat dissipation system. You can either go with an SSD with a built-in cooling system or buy an aftermarket cooling solution and add it yourself. However, you will have to ensure the SSD module size including the heatsink element should be less than 110 mm (L) x 25 mm (W) x 11.25 mm (H).

If all this hasn't deterred you from going ahead with the storage expansion process, it is time to ensure your system software is compatible with this feature. At this point, only the beta firmware supports the M.2 slot. So first, head over to this link to register for the PS5 beta program. It is only open for gamers in the US, Canada, Japan, UK, Germany, and France. If you are lucky enough to get selected for the beta program, the next step is to install the beta system software from Settings > System > System Software > System Software Update and Settings.

Once you have the software ready, the next part requires you to pop open your expensive PS5, which is quite hard to come by due to the global chip shortage. Hence, we recommend heading over to PlayStation.com and carefully follow the steps provided by the manufacturer.

• By Usama Jawad96
      Sony has now sold 10 million PlayStation 5 consoles
      by Usama Jawad

Yesterday, Microsoft reported revenue for the fourth quarter of its 2021 fiscal year. While the company didn't reveal exact sales figures, it did highlight that gaming revenue grew by 11% (7% in Constant Currency (CC)), with hardware revenues increasing by 172% YoY (163% in CC), making the latest Xbox devices the fastest-selling consoles in the Redmond giant's history. Today, Sony has disclosed some sales figures for its PlayStation 5 consoles as well.

Sony officially unveiled the pricing for its PlayStation 5 consoles in September 2020, and the machines were made available for purchase in November 2020. Due to strong demand, global chip shortages, and scalpers, the company has struggled to supply retailers with units.

However, Reuters now reports that Sony has confirmed to it via email that 10 million PlayStation 5 units have been sold as of July 18, 2021. For reference, it took Sony nine months to sell the same number of PlayStation 4 consoles, which makes the PS5 the company's fastest-selling console lineup in history as well.

Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO Jim Ryan also admitted that the firm is facing difficulties in keeping up with the demand, saying that:

Sony also revealed that it has sold 6.5 million copies of Spider-Man: Miles Morales, though it is important to remember that the title is cross-generation. While Microsoft didn't disclose the number of Xbox units sold, Niko Partners' Senior Analyst Daniel Ahmad estimates that a total of 6.5 million Xbox Series X and Series S consoles had been sold as of June 30, 2021. The consoles were made available for purchase on November 10, a few days earlier than the PlayStation 5.

Source: Sony via Reuters

• By Copernic
      Universal Media Server 10.8.0
      by Razvan Serea

Universal Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server. UMS was started by SubJunk, an official developer of PMS, in order to ensure greater stability and file-compatibility. The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration. It is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and more, which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats. Because it is written in Java, Universal Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

To see a comparison of popular media servers, click here.

Universal Media Server 10.8.0 changelog:

General:

Added youtube-dl engine which fixes support for YouTube channel feeds Added automatic names for web feeds in the user interface, and the ability to add/edit manual names for web streams Added sample web radio stream Added support for pasting YouTube channels directly, instead of needing the feed URLs Improved performance and logging for unmonitored files Fixed several web content user interface bugs Fixed sample web feeds and streams not being loaded on macOS Fixed broken sample web feeds Fixed/updated readme links Fixed web bump interface Fixed broken thumbnail caching on macOS Fixed support for mp3 radio streams on the web interface Fixed support for radio streams without thumbnails on the web interface Translation updates via Crowdin:

Danish (100%) (thanks, NCAA!) English (United Kingdom) (36%) (thanks, Pete Russell!) Finnish (100%) (thanks, Esko Gardner!) Italian (99%) (thanks, Dimitri Graffi!) Korean (100%) (thanks, VenusGirl!) Portuguese (99%) (thanks, mariopinto!) Portuguese (Brazilian) (96%) (thanks, Mauro.A!) Turkish (100%) (thanks, Burak Yavuz!) Dependencies:

Bump commons-io from 2.10.0 to 2.11.0 Bump FFmpeg to latest Git versions Bump logback-version from 1.2.3 to 1.2.4 Bump oshi-core from 5.7.5 to 5.8.0 Bump rome from 1.15.0 to 1.16.0 Bump spotbugs-maven-plugin from 4.2.3 to 4.3.0 Bump Video.js from 7.10.1 to 7.13.3 Download: Universal Media Server 10.8.0 | 161.0 MB (Open Source)
      Download: Other operating systems
      View: Universal Media Server Website

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By Copernic
      Universal Media Server 10.7.0
      by Razvan Serea

Universal Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server. UMS was started by SubJunk, an official developer of PMS, in order to ensure greater stability and file-compatibility. The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration. It is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and more, which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats. Because it is written in Java, Universal Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

To see a comparison of popular media servers, click here.

Universal Media Server 10.7.0 changelog:

General:

Improved detection of movies and anime episodes Increased default max memory on Windows machines with 8+ GB RAM Removed filename from entries inside the TRANSCODE folder Fixed upnp:class in UPnP search results (thanks, ik666!) Fixed the "Reset the cache" button not resetting API metadata too Fixed failed database upgrade for fully played statuses Fixed FFmpeg crash Fixed marking a directory as fully played not changing cached thumbnails Renderers:

Improved support for VLC on iPhone Translation updates via Crowdin:

Czech (100%) Danish (100%) (thanks, NCAA!) Finnish (100%) (thanks, Esko Gardner!) French (100%) (thanks, Archaos!) Hungarian (94%) (thanks, Zatamon!) Korean (100%) (thanks, VenusGirl!) Polish (100%) (thanks, Karol Szastok!) Portuguese (99%) (thanks, mariopinto!) Portuguese (Brazilian) (96%) (thanks, Mauro.A!) Romanian (100%) (thanks, FlorinT!) Russian (89%) (thanks, Dmitry Lavrentev!) Turkish (100%) (thanks, Burak Yavuz!) Dependencies:

Bump assertj-core from 3.19.0 to 3.20.2 Bump checkstyle from 8.43 to 8.44 Bump commons-io from 2.9.0 to 2.10.0 Bump doxia-module-docbook-simple from 1.9.1 to 1.10 Bump git-commit-id-plugin from 4.0.4 to 4.0.5 Bump jaudiotagger from 2.2.5 to 2.2.7 Bump maven-idea-plugin from 2.2.1 to 2.3-atlassian-10 Bump oshi-core from 5.7.4 to 5.7.5 Download: Universal Media Server 10.7.0 | 153.0 MB (Open Source)
      Download: Other operating systems
      View: Universal Media Server Website

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By LoneWolfSL
      Sony has acquired the PC porting specialized studio Nixxes
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Only days after Sony Interactive Entertainment announced it was welcoming Housemarque to PlayStation Studios, it has revealed another studio acquisition, this time bringing in the Netherlands-based developer Nixxes Software. Since its inception in the late 90s, the company has focused solely on providing support for other studios, often porting games to more platforms.

Until now, Nixxes has only given support to Square Enix-published games, developing the PC ports. The work range from classics like Legacy of Cain to most recently Marvel's Avengers. It has also helped with Crystal Dynamic's Tomb Raider games, both new and old lineups, as well as Eidos Montreal's Deus Ex series.

"I highly respect Nixxes and am excited for this very experienced team to become part of the world-class development community at SIE," PlayStation Studios head Hermen Hulst said regarding the latest acquisition. "They have a passion for improving games and for delivering the best possible experience for gamers. Nixxes will be a strong asset for everyone across PlayStation Studios, helping our teams focus on their most important goal, which is to create unique PlayStation content at the best possible quality.”

Adding to that, Nixxes founder and senior director Jurjen Katsman said:

Much like previous acquisitions of Sony, details surrounding the deal, such as pricing, have not been made public.

It is an interesting pick up for Sony. Considering Nixxes' experience with porting, the studio may serve as the company's go-to place for bringing over more PlayStation exclusives to PC — something Sony is now more focused on — without having to divert too much manpower from the original developer.