"A program is requesting your permission to continue..."

Some of my programs say this, some of them don't..

How do I make the ones who request permission to continue, to ALWAYS grant the permission?

There has to be a way.

That's the UAC (User Account Control) at work. Some people have it disabled because of it's annoyance nature. I have mine disabled. If you want to disable it, click on your user picture in Start Menu. On the window that come up, click the last link that says Turn User Account Control on or off, untick the box there and click OK.

Before people say this is a bad move, why do I have mine disabled and I don't encounter any problems this feature claims to protect against? It's excatly the same as running XP.

Right Click on EXE then properties-> Compatibility Tab -> Check "Run this program as an administrator"->Apply-> OK.

Shouldn't bug you anymore.

Right Click on EXE then properties-> Compatibility Tab -> Check "Run this program as an administrator"->Apply-> OK.

Shouldn't bug you anymore.

:( It still bugs me.

I don't want to disable UAC. Is there any other way?

Vanguard is one of the most poorly written applications I have ever encountered, and at least last year when I played it for a short time - it broke every rule about running on non-admin accounts.

Bug Sigil to fix their god awful game. Or play a real MMO like LOTRO, which is actually written the way Windows applications are supposed to be written (not to mention it's way more fun and actually has people in it). And you only need to elevate every couple months when there's an update.

Vanguard is one of the most poorly written applications I have ever encountered, and at least last year when I played it for a short time - it broke every rule about running on non-admin accounts.

Bug Sigil to fix their god awful game.

If you've not played it in the past 6 months you have no room to bicker. The game has massively improved.

Threads Split

This thread is not about the disadvantages/uses of UAC. I have split these posts to This Thread. Any further off topic posts will be deleted and the poster warned.

Edited by Frank

If you've not played it in the past 6 months you have no room to bicker. The game has massively improved.

If they're still requiring an elevation prompt to play it, that's not a good sign. Plus I'm not bickering, I merely commented on the code quality of a game that never should have been released given the state it was in. Hard to really care if they've made it better, since an MMO with players isn't terribly interesting, and there are vastly superior alternatives out there.