Rumor: PS3 in store for yet another price drop?

I just got my PS3 80GB this week... maybe I can sue like those ****ed off iPhone customers and get a rebate?!

keep your receipt. i'm sure that store you got it from has a policy to price match an item if the price goes down within a set period of time after purchase.

I just got my PS3 80GB this week... maybe I can sue like those ****ed off iPhone customers and get a rebate?!

if you bought it at a big box store then take it back and wait a bit

nope i haven't seen it on any major blogs or anything. the article says the announcement will come on the 28th though, which is next monday, so we'll find out soon enough if it's true or not.

Well, since I was looking for a good Blu-Ray player (oh, and a game console!), maybe I should wait until next week before buying it!!!

If they put the PS3/40Gb to $299, maybe they will bump the PS3/80Gb to $399 ??? That would be nice, and PS2 compatible!

I've just looked through the slickdeals and cheapassgamer. The slickdeals post was just a tiny post and quickly ignored by most users when they just continued to speak of the other deal where you get a 100 dollar credit for getting a sony card.

I'm so surprised by this news/rumour. Really wasn't expecting anything until the summer (at the earliest). Great news, and will put massive pressure on the 360 to reduce it's price. I think the 360 is most under pressure for a price drop at the moment. If Sony feels as though it's better to make money from licensing/software and extra hardware then go for, sell the console for cost or a loss.

Great news though, will ensure the survival of my console of choice (and hopefully bring the price of the 360 down too so I can buy one).

That's not true. You can burn cd's or dvd's with the firmware on it in some cases and update that way.

Actually, Profile 2.0 requires an internet connection.

1.0 players will play 2.0 or 1.1 discs, you just won't get all of the interactivity.

Actually, Profile 2.0 requires an internet connection.

1.0 players will play 2.0 or 1.1 discs, you just won't get all of the interactivity.

Too bad NO 2.0 Titles are out to prove this right.

Until they are this is Hear-say

Mandatory internet connection? That's odd, doesn't sound very practical... or is it just for extra features or downloading some extra features for the movies?

It's not mandatory to play the discs themselves is it? :/

Mandatory internet connection? That's odd, doesn't sound very practical... or is it just for extra features or downloading some extra features for the movies?

It's not mandatory to play the discs themselves is it? :/

I dont think you need a internet connection to play the disc but to access special features.

January 28 for a price drop is very good. Think about it, most big store (well, here in Canada) offers a 30 day "best price guarantied", so that if you find a better price, you can go back to the store and ask for some money back.

So, January 28 would be later than the 30 days (since most PS3 would have been bought for Xmas or Boxing Day). So nobody can go back to the store and ask for the $100 reduction.

I hope this rumor is true. I want a Blu-Ray player!!!