The official Burnout Paradise for Xbox 360 thread

211.jpg

Well it's released today in the US and on Friday it hits most of Europe so I think it's about time we have a thread for the Xbox 360 version where we can share impressions, tips and gamertags for Freeburn.

The Burnout series is getting a big overhaul with it's latest iteration, it now takes place in a big sandbox world called Paradise City which I think covers 200 square miles. In a move that has upset quite a few fans of the series there is no Crash mode and it is replaced with Showtime, however online play has been seamlessly intergrated into Burnout Paradise :)

I can't wait for this, I've played the demo like an addict smokes crack! I like what they've done with it that much. The crashes look even more spectacular :D The only thing that puts me off is the no retry race option but we'll see.

Gametaqs for freeburn:

Lazy Tiger = Deaf Spacker

Edited by Lazy Tiger

Should get my copy tomorrow hopefully :) Cant wait to play this.

From what I have heard, they have taken on board the no retry gripe (as a lot of reviewers commented on this) and may work something out for a later date.

I haven't played the demo yet, though I plan to. Not sure when I'll get the game, though, as I'm a bit short on money at the moment. Perhaps when I get my tax checks... :shiftyninja:

-Spenser

Apparantly Game has dispatched mine :) So its looking good for a Thursday play :D

Can't wait myself, addicted to the demo and I do like the free-roaming games like Test Drive, NFS Most Wanted :p

Being skint till payday I couldn't pre order this. Can't wait till the Linford Christie sprint down the shops to pick it up on Friday though. :p

Might be the first time (bar playing Skate) properly for months.

I bought this yesterday but only got about 30 minutes of play time on it. So far it's pretty fun. They really drive you (haha nice pun. *pats self on back*) to keep playing to unlock more cars, which in turn unlocks more events. I think I'll end up loving this game, but for the time being I'm still getting used to it.

And yes, crash mode still exists. It's just under a different name now.

Anyways, I will hopefully be freeburning tonight and I'll see how that goes now that the whole map is unlocked.

No party crash, no buy.

starting a "semi" crash mode whenever you crash doesn't count.

Redesigning a game that peopel bought because it was orignial and itneresting, and UNIQUQ, was a bad idea.

my money went to Burnout Takedown on xbox originals instead.

The point of the game isn't to crash. The point of the game is to learn the map inside out and use it to your advantage during races or other events. No race has set boundries. Once you start, your purpose is to get to the finish line using the best route that you know. I find that to be interesting.

I have yet to actually try a crash junction, but I know that you don't go into crash mode "whenever you crash". It doesn't work that way.

Anyway the whole point of the game is that they give you the ultimate freedom to do whatever you want, from the moment you start up the game. I think of it almost like a modern version of Midtown Madness.

The point of the game isn't to crash. The point of the game is to learn the map inside out and use it to your advantage during races or other events. No race has set boundries. Once you start, your purpose is to get to the finish line using the best route that you know. I find that to be interesting.

I have yet to actually try a crash junction, but I know that you don't go into crash mode "whenever you crash". It doesn't work that way.

Anyway the whole point of the game is that they give you the ultimate freedom to do whatever you want, from the moment you start up the game. I think of it almost like a modern version of Midtown Madness.

Might buy it while i wait for GTA4 :shiftyninja:

Holy hell you just made me cream my pants. ;)

This game is gonna be sweet! (Yeah, I'm broke.)

Thankyou, I was trying to remember the name of the game this reminded me of, I think I had all three of those games :)

I just picked this up today and am about to play, I swear I saw a thread somewhere in the Gamers Hangout that listed all of the free codes for other cars (like gamespot, etc.)?

Was I imagining that? Did I see it somewhere else?

If someone can point me in the direction of the thread that has the list of codes for the cars you can unlock, it would be appreciated.

DL

I just picked this up today and am about to play, I swear I saw a thread somewhere in the Gamers Hangout that listed all of the free codes for other cars (like gamespot, etc.)?

Was I imagining that? Did I see it somewhere else?

If someone can point me in the direction of the thread that has the list of codes for the cars you can unlock, it would be appreciated.

DL

I believe these codes are individual, similar to redemption codes on dashboard. Can't say for certain yet though as haven't received my unlockable car code yet (assume it is in with the actual game?)

If this is incorrect though, yes, someone please post a link to the codes :)

Okay, I guess maybe I did see it somewhere else. Actually I think I was at the EB Games website since when I googled search the link to the game page came back as visited in Google. Anyways it looks like they deleted the thread I saw.

However I did find a few more threads on other sites, and I cannot confirm if any of these work yet and it looks like you need to have a higher license for the second list I am posting, but it is worth a shot.

First Found Information

Name of Car - Code - Where To Unlock

1. Wal-Mart Car - walmart - Under The Hood (Enter Sponsor Code)

2. Gamestop Car - gamestop - Under The Hood (Enter Sponsor Code)

3. Best Buy Car - bestbuy - Under The Hood (Enter Sponsor Code)

4. Circuit City Car - circuitcity - Under The Hood (Enter Sponsor Code)

How do I enter a code? - Press start, now press R1 and you will be in UNDER THE HOOD. Now go down to "Enter Sponsor Code". Now just enter on of the codes that are listed above, EXACTLY how they are listed! This includes Case Sensitive, meaning all in lowercase letters. If you would like to unlock the Steel Wheels GT you must enter your special code EXACTLY how it is listed on your card, this includes the Spaces, Numbers, and Captial Letters!!

Second Found Information

Best Buy car

Enter "bestbuy" as a case-sensitive code to unlock the Best Buy car. Note: You must have an "A" license to use this car.

Circuit City car

Enter "circuitcity" as a case-sensitive code to unlock the Circuit City car. Note: You must have an "A" license to use this car.

GameStop car

Enter "gamestop" as a case-sensitive code to unlock the GameStop car. Note: You must have an "A" license to use this car.

Steel Wheels car

Enter "U84D 3Y8K FY8Y 58N6" or "E60J 8Z7T MS8L 51U6" as a case-sensitive code to unlock the Steel Wheels car. Note: You must have a "Burnout Paradise" license to use this car. The code contains the number zero and not the letter "O".

Wal-Mart car

Enter "walmart" as a case-sensitive code to unlock the Wal-Mart car. Note: You must have a "Burnout Paradise" license to use this car.

Micromania car (French version)

Enter "H211 1Z99 LZ00 00BB" as a case-sensitive code in the French version of the game to unlock the Micromania car. Note: You must have an "A" license to use this car. The code contains the number zero and not the letter "O"

Again, I have not confirmed at all if these even work, but figured I would share first and then figure out later.

Played this for a couple of hours, fun game (Y)

Car games never really stick with me though, not that I don't like them, it's just I can't play them for long sittings - Even the same with GT and I adore that game.

It's not a problem though, ill just play my way through Burnout at a leisurely pace :)

Again, I have not confirmed at all if these even work, but figured I would share first and then figure out later.

yes those codes definitely work. only bad thing is it's gonna take a while for you to be able to use them because you need to win around 50 events to get the A license. the ones that require the "burnout paradise" license will take even longer.

How the hell do you get it to stop taking a new picture after every event you win, its friggin' annoying :(

How the hell do you get it to stop taking a new picture after every event you win, its friggin' annoying :(

as far as i know, you can't. :pinch: best you can do is just skip it.