The official Burnout Paradise for Xbox 360 thread

i forget what that achievement is called, but i think it's a "disease" type thing. the guys at criterion have this "disease" and when they take someone down, that person gets infected and can start passing it on to the people they take down. so eventually this thing will spread to people playing online. if you get infected, you get the achievement.

I got the disease my first time online. I guess I was playing with a Criterion employee. =D

And PGR4 nicked it from Shadowrun :ninja:

That I wasn't aware of :) Mind you it's only the devs that play that game isnt there, if at all :)

I can't quite remember, but is Burnout the game where you drive headfirst into a busy intersection, your goal being to rack up as many cash in damages as possible? If so do they have this mode for Burnout Paradise?

That I wasn't aware of :) Mind you it's only the devs that play that game isnt there, if at all :)

Unfortunately nowadays I think you're right. Since FASA closed and games like halo and cod have come out Shadowrun is pretty baron. But I've still got the memories of playing it in it's prime back in the summer of '07 with me and my mate, our xboxs/tvs side by side pwning til 5am every day :D Was the most fun I've ever had on an online console game, because in my opinion it's one of the most innovative and simply fun console/team games ever made, and it only got such a bad reception because of the expectation it had with the name it carried (they should have released it under a different name and not linked it to the old shadowrun franchise. And then it just got popular to hate it without playing it. But that's just my opinion and going off topic.

BURNOUT FTW!

I can't quite remember, but is Burnout the game where you drive headfirst into a busy intersection, your goal being to rack up as many cash in damages as possible? If so do they have this mode for Burnout Paradise?

It is the same game, and that mode is still in this game, but it is now called Showtime. It can also be started at anytime pressing the LB & RB buttons, and it is a little different than it was in prior games, no doubt about that.

Now instead of being the main part of the game, it is only a part of the game, so things have changed since then.

It is the same game, and that mode is still in this game, but it is now called Showtime. It can also be started at anytime pressing the LB & RB buttons, and it is a little different than it was in prior games, no doubt about that.

Now instead of being the main part of the game, it is only a part of the game, so things have changed since then.

It's still fun though, usually if I have no chance to win a race im losing in, I'll just activate showtime and have some fun :rofl:

It's still fun though, usually if I have no chance to win a race im losing in, I'll just activate showtime and have some fun :rofl:

I tend to activate it after crashing into something, if I've been crashing too often...to let off some steam. Other than that I think it's the weakest point of the game :(

I tend to activate it after crashing into something, if I've been crashing too often...to let off some steam. Other than that I think it's the weakest point of the game :(

I have to admit it's VERY easy to crash in this game. So many things around the areas are just so prone to ramming into at top speed. I miss traffic checks SO much right now it's not even funny.

Just curious, has anyone found all of the gates and billboards yet?

With the gates I am on 270 something, and billboards I am at 62/120, and I honestly can never see getting every single one without using some kind of map showing where they all are.

With the gates I am on 270 something, and billboards I am at 62/120, and I honestly can never see getting every single one without using some kind of map showing where they all are.

At achieve360.com some dudes already made the maps for all the drive-ins, super jump and everything else mate.

At achieve360.com some dudes already made the maps for all the drive-ins, super jump and everything else mate.

Thanks for the info. (Y) I am going to try and avoid using it for a little while just to see if I can do it on my own, but I know I will end up getting frustrated and using it.

just curious, Is that the correct URL, as it does not come up as a site for me?

Even though I am going to hold off on using it, I definitely want to grab it now and print it at work since we have a nice printer. :yes:

http://achieve360points.com/ :)

as for gates, i'm at about 300 something on the ps3 version, 200 or so in the 360 version. billboards..i believe i'm near 100 on the ps3, 20 or so on the 360. the gates are getting very tough to find, so i'll probably end up using a map sooner or later.

Currently on 300 gates (smashes) and 64 billboards ... you can access your stats by pausing the game and going to driver details -> discovery ... according to that I have also found 28 of the jumps :( Have however found all of the repair/petrol(gas)/paint/junkyards :)

Thanks Nightz, turns out Google was my friend.

I found two threads about it...

There is this one with just the maps...

Then this one with maps and actual image location flicks...

Currently on 300 gates (smashes) and 64 billboards ... you can access your stats by pausing the game and going to driver details -> discovery ... according to that I have also found 28 of the jumps :( Have however found all of the repair/petrol(gas)/paint/junkyards :)

Yep, I love the discovery stats, I am looking at them all of the time when playing.

I need 2 more drive thrus.

With the jumps, I think I am around the same number, just do not remember off hand. I am at work so only going off my memory right now.

Even though I am going to hold off on using it, I definitely want to grab it now and print it at work since we have a nice printer. :yes:

Geez ... my mistake has already been corrected ! Sorry for that . that's what happens when you troll Neowin's forums and play BP at the same time :D i'm going back ...

Sounds good to me. I been playing so much of this game my eyes are bleeding ;) (Not really of course, but wouldn't that be cool.)

I always found in Burnout games, the faster I go the more I need to focus on the right things, and I start to just not see things that are right in front of me. Perhaps sure sign that I have indeed been playing too much and need more sleep :D

Is it right that the total mileage reported in the stat menu and and in the bottom right under the map are different?

i think the one in the bottom right is the mileage you've driven so far with the current car. the one in the stat menu is the total mileage of all your cars.

i think the one in the bottom right is the mileage you've driven so far with the current car. the one in the stat menu is the total mileage of all your cars.

you're right on that mate.

This afternoon, I tried the showtime mode for the first time . And well, It's a lot more fun than the old crash mode i.m.o . A quick question : What's the best type of car to score a maximum in showtime mode ? So far I've only tried with speed and cascade type .

I would to read some feedback about that.

Edited by kazuyette

This afternoon, I tried the showtime mode for the first time . And well, It's a lot more fun than the old crash mode i.m.o . A quick question : What's the best type of car to score a maximum in showtime mode ? So far I've only tried with speed and cascade type .

I would to read some feedback about that.

i would suggest using the bigger vehicles, such as the 4x4, or the inferno van. they're bigger so they have the potential to cover more area and hit more stuff.

i would suggest using the bigger vehicles, such as the 4x4, or the inferno van. they're bigger so they have the potential to cover more area and hit more stuff.

I'm using the van right and i'm pwning everything !1?!!! w00t !:DD This game is insane !

I'm going back for moar mayhem and showtime ....