Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Berserk87

"Anonymous" declares war against The Church of Scientology

169 posts in this topic

THIS IS HUGE NEWS, i was pretty sure i would find a thread on here instantly, found a couple about Scientology but didn't find a thread about this.

The group "Anonymous" has declared "war" with The Church of Scientology, claiming that they will do everything to dismantle it completely.

i found a lot of articles on this, but heres the link i found on digg, video is on the link.

http://apcmag.com/7905/anonymous_threatens...gy_via_internet

My opinion is: Who gives a damn about a lameass sect which rips off rich people..

So, "anonymous", have your go!

Whenever anyone mentions Scientology, I always think of South Park. Then I laugh.

yay for 'anonymous'

You would have thought a cult started by a sci-fi author would ring bells eh?

dumb ass rich people, glad it never got religous status over here as it did in the US, no tax exemptions for them!

Are we talking about 4chan's "Anonymous" here :rolleyes: ?

Sorry if anyone here is a scientologist, but...the fact that they have so many followers scares me a lot.....not because of the amount of people in general, but the amount of people that believe this...

im Christian, so ive heard people say pretty much the same thing about Christianity...but this is like....wow.....people make fun of so many religions saying there dumb and fake etc....

then you see tons and tons of people PAYING to hear storys about how we originated from aliens....seriously?

I think just the *chans in general.

I've felt their wrath before, was a bit like the sting of a bee.

TBH I hope they destroy Scientology. Good luck to them.

So - "Anonymous" wants some attention? Great - whoop de doo!

However, declaring war on a religion (or cult) is foolhardy and COULD be seen to be a very aggressive, negatively motivated move.

sub /b/.

If you had have felt anonymous' wrath, you would have become an hero by now.

sub /b/.

If you had have felt anonymous' wrath, you would have become an hero by now.

I must admit, some of them are good at what they do, but it's a shame that the rest of them have to ruin it. Good luck to them!

Anonymous moves on from Tay Zonday to bigger and better things. Good for them :)

Good for Anon ... :sleep: ... link isn't working.

TBH I hope they destroy Scientology. Good luck to them.

What did they do? Hacked your MySpace page?

Good for Anon ... :sleep: ... link isn't working.

Here:

A hacking group calling itself "Anonymous" has posted a chilling video on the internet, announcing that it plans to "dismantle" the Church of Scientology.

Wired.com reports that Anonymous has flooded Scientology servers with a distributed denial of service attack, is choking the Church's phone lines with prank calls and sending looped faxes of solid black pages.

"Over the years, we have been watching you -- your campaigns, your suppression of dissent, your litigious nature. All of these things have caught our eye," a synthesized voice on the video tells "leaders of Scientology".

"Anonymous has therefore decided your organisation should be destroyed, for the good of your followers, for the good of mankind and for our own enjoyment."

"We shall systematically expel you from the internet and proceed to dismantle the Church of Scientology in its current form."

"You have nowhere to hide, because we are everywhere. You will find no recourse in attack, because for each of us that falls, 10 more will take his place."

The Church of Scientology is regularly in the news for its beliefs and high profile celebrity spokespeople and fundraising activities. It was recently in the public eye after a leaked video of Tom Cruise hit the internet (

), showing Cruise saying that Scientologists would be the only ones who could help at the scene of a car crash; that Scientologists were the world's authority on reforming criminals and getting people off drugs, and other claims.

The threat from "Anonymous" appears to be have been prompted by this video, which is specifically named at the beginning of the clip.

The video can be viewed here.

hahahaha

that made my morning

Tom Cruise vs. Anon :laugh:

post-7648-1201173688.jpg

Amusing, but otherwise pointless.

These hacker groups are typically comprised of immature individuals that like to wreak havok for their own enjoyment and nothing more.

What did they do? Hacked your MySpace page?

No . . . . They tried to take down one of my websites, filling it with gore and cp amongst other things. I liked their approach, but they should of carried on for longer.

I've seen what Anon can do, luckily mine was only attacked for a few weeks.

Considering Scientology was around before the internet, I don't see how screwing up their internet and phones are going to dismantle anything. Ridiculous really - attention whoring if you ask me.

Considering Scientology was around before the internet, I don't see how screwing up their internet and phones are going to dismantle anything. Ridiculous really - attention whoring if you ask me.

Agreed.

War and church in the same sentence..why am I not surprised?!

So - "Anonymous" wants some attention? Great - whoop de doo!

However, declaring war on a religion (or cult) is foolhardy and COULD be seen to be a very aggressive, negatively motivated move.

The internet is serious business.

Amusing, but otherwise pointless.

These hacker groups are typically comprised of immature individuals that like to wreak havok for their own enjoyment and nothing more.

This is not a hacker group. In fact, it is really not a group at all. It is a legion, who you are correct, wreak havoc for their own enjoyment. I am sure you have seen the threads where a guy posts a car for sale, and then the internet finds out his mom bought it for him, he has a prison record, he loves little boys, he lives in a trailer, his prior girlfriend was a man, so on and so forth... these are internet dectives. Most of these kids, as most are, have no "hacking" skills. Social engineering maybe, but no real hacking skills. They have been instructed how to DDoS and other such things, turned into script kiddies. Many websites and many peoples lives have been turned upside down to do similar acts, some by \b\ some just by other forums. In fact on another forum I post on many, many things have happened to people. It is like a tidal wave when it comes. In fact, have you ever heard of Walken For President 2008? Started on our forum, made news nationwide and that was easy.

No . . . . They tried to take down one of my websites, filling it with gore and cp amongst other things. I liked their approach, but they should of carried on for longer.

I've seen what Anon can do, luckily mine was only attacked for a few weeks.

Probably was just a small portion? :p

That is not the whole plan. Not to mention \b\ more or less took gamestops phone systems offline for two days. It may be lofty, but it is that kind of self defeatist attitude that gets nowhere. Its the same as well every president is going to screw us, why vote.

Well, here is their guidebook so far, it will answer some of your questions:

http://partyvan.info/index.php/Project_Chanology

Anything that can take a swipe at Scientology is a good thing. Those scammers and cultist need to be taken down a notch, or better yet, taken out altogether.

-Ax

there doing it because Scientology is trying to censor the internet of there stuff.

I know I responded to this already, but let me add some more....

Yesterday they took down the COS's website and hacked into the server, leaking about 30 documents (about 50+ pages each) all of which were classified to people inside the COS:

http://www.digg.com/odd_stuff/ANON_release...logy_secret_DOX

Just now they again hacked into the server and stole another set of documents:

http://www.digg.com/odd_stuff/More_Scientology_Secret_DOX

Even more just released:

http://www.digg.com/odd_stuff/Massive_arch...scientology_DOX

More links:

http://www.digg.com/odd_stuff/ANON_release...90215#c12290215

It is a little more than "screwing up their internet and phones" and it has just barely started.