GTA 4 Gets a Release Date

Did you forget that Microsoft paid the makers of GTA IV $50 million for extra content?

For exclusive episodes, not for extra comment. I'm saying release it on the 360, hold out a couple of the missions, then when they release the PS3 versions, let it have the missions as exclusive for a month or two, then let the 360 owners download a key to unlock them. Works for everyone.

I don't agree.

The way I see it, I don't think Rockstar is expecting to hit sales numbers or anything like Halo 3. Everybody knows, including Rockstar, that the chances of that happening are very slim. What they are expecting though, are great reviews and nothing but positive feedback from the community. They're confident that their game will take innovation to the next level and everybody will notice. Even Jack Thompson.

I don't even care if you don't agree. Who said they are comparing to Halo 3? They said they would sell 4 Million of copies on launch. How do they really know the game will sell THAT well?

I like the game and all, but they really think they can make up some random predictions?

Edited by PiracyX

For exclusive episodes, not for extra comment. I'm saying release it on the 360, hold out a couple of the missions, then when they release the PS3 versions, let it have the missions as exclusive for a month or two, then let the 360 owners download a key to unlock them. Works for everyone.

that's all fine and dandy, but the game still looked and ran pretty crappy when it was first supposed to be released. it definitely was not ready to go at the time. i think the delay benefited the 360 version as well. gotta love joystiq's way of spinning the comment to make it seem like it was all because of the ps3.

I don't even care if you don't agree. Who said they are comparing to Halo 3? They said they would sell 4 Million of copies on launch. How do they really know the game will sell THAT well?

I like the game and all, but they really think they can make up some random predictions?

Perhaps because its multiplatform and all previous 3 3D titles are in the top10 most sold games? :p

Just saw this screenshot, that looks SO awesome!

http://media.gtanet.com/images/3901_gta_iv.jpg

Looks like a Chrysler C300 *drool*

Perhaps because its multiplatform and all previous 3 3D titles are in the top10 most sold games? :p

Still, pulling predictions from their arses doesn't mean its going to be true. They are almost predicting that 25% of owners of PS3/XBOX360 will pick up this game on launch.

Just because they are in the top 10 most sold, doesn't make them great games.

where did u get the screenshot from, it looks great!

and im a little annoyed if the ps3 is the reason for the delay. actually not totally- as i still have to play through assassin's creed and bioshock! not to mention guitar hero 3 and i just finished COD4, but have to keep my multiplayer stats up! man we were hit hard in Nov/Dec with great games! :)

Are you joking right? GTA3 was really really good and for it's first time in 3D, they did a great job of it. I can't really say the same about Vice City or San Andreas though (or even Liberty Stories). Those games were GTA3 underneath with different characters, story, missions to play, and slightly better graphics but it was still GTA3, not really a whole new game.

Joking?? No, Vice City and San Andreas were fantastic games!!! So what if they were "GTA3 underneath", I still had tons of fun playing them. I think your being far too critical.

Rockstar are the ones who has been hyping this game up so much, thinking that it will sell extremely well, because of GTA it will, but whether or not it's actually a good game, remains to be seen.

Hype?? 3 trailers and a hand full of screenshots, it's alot less than most games these days. It WILL sell extremely well. Read some of the press articles that have a Hands-on preview (IGN has one). I am pretty confident that this will be a good game.

Heh why is it coming out for the computer later, it is by far the most fun when played on PC.

Why? I 've played on both console and PC, and see no HUGE advantage of one over the other.

^Ye, San Andreas had no real load screens either..

And Gears of War I believe

I haven't played San Andreas in a long while but I don't recall it being this way. And I'm pretty damn sure there's a few in Gears too. Plus my point is I assumed it would've been mainstream in almost every release by now.

Still, pulling predictions from their arses doesn't mean its going to be true. They are almost predicting that 25% of owners of PS3/XBOX360 will pick up this game on launch.

Just because they are in the top 10 most sold, doesn't make them great games.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

GTA is a game everyone can play - its even a party game :/

I haven't played San Andreas in a long while but I don't recall it being this way. And I'm pretty damn sure there's a few in Gears too. Plus my point is I assumed it would've been mainstream in almost every release by now.

Well, it had a initial load screen when the game started - then there were small loads when walking into a store..

But compared to GTA3 and Vice City you didnt have to load everytime you went to another island.

Joking?? No, Vice City and San Andreas were fantastic games!!! So what if they were "GTA3 underneath", I still had tons of fun playing them. I think your being far too critical.

They were alright, but hardly brilliant! They were not really even sequels, more like spinoffs. They were fun, but not even close to fantastic! GTA3 was great.

Hype?? 3 trailers and a hand full of screenshots, it's alot less than most games these days. It WILL sell extremely well. Read some of the press articles that have a Hands-on preview (IGN has one). I am pretty confident that this will be a good game.

And all the predictions they made with it such as IT will sell 4 million copies on launch day. It's not impossible no, but they really have to be smoking something to think/say that. I am not denying it will sell well, because it will, but 4 million?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

GTA is a game everyone can play - its even a party game :/

Err....what? Listen to you. You must love GTA to death or something (wait you have your avatar GTA4 so....)

All i'm saying is they are not top 10 Material (i'm talking about VC and SA, NOT GTA3) but you seems to think otherwise. Wow, because someone has a opinion which differs from you, you don't like it :huh:

Edited by PiracyX

snip

Err....what? Listen to you. You must love GTA to death or something (wait you have your avatar GTA4 so....)

All i'm saying is they are not top 10 Material (i'm talking about VC and SA, NOT GTA3) but you seems to think otherwise. Wow, because someone has a opinion which differs from you, you don't like it :huh:

Ye I do love GTA :wub:

Simply exaggerating your "Are you joking right?"

What made GTA3 great to you?

Because in my opinion Vice City and San Andreas were both great also - they still had hidden humor, an alright storyline, freeroam, a GREAT soundtrack, everything :wub:

They were alright, but hardly brilliant! They were not really even sequels, more like spinoffs. They were fun, but not even close to fantastic! GTA3 was great.

VC and SA had new everything, and more. I just don't see how you thought GTA3 was great and the others weren't. I mean of course there going to be all fairly similar in gameplay and style ect.. they were all built in a single "generation" and that was the idea. But what did you expect?? I certainly had a great time playing each one. :yes:

Ye I do love GTA :wub:

Simply exaggerating your "Are you joking right?"

What made GTA3 great to you?

Because in my opinion Vice City and San Andreas were both great also - they still had hidden humor, an alright storyline, freeroam, a GREAT soundtrack, everything :wub:

VC and SA had new everything, and more. I just don't see how you thought GTA3 was great and the others weren't. I mean of course there going to be all fairly similar in gameplay and style ect.. they were all built in a single "generation" and that was the idea. But what did you expect?? I certainly had a great time playing each one. :yes:

It was the fact that GTA3 was the first GTA to be put into 3D and it was a great game and surpassed everyones expectation. VC and SA were good games, don't get me wrong, just not as great, because the expectation was far higher.

I agree freeroam was great in all of them, plus the soundtrack was also good and i had a great time playing each one.

There is not need to fight fellow neowinians ;)

I don't even care if you don't agree.

Well that's nice? lol.

Who said they are comparing to Halo 3? They said they would sell 4 Million of copies on launch. How do they really know the game will sell THAT well?

Please keep up. I did not say that they were comparing it to Halo 3. Nobody did. I put it there as an example of because of it's high sales numbers.

And I would also think Rockstar is justified enough to make sales predictions about THEIR OWN GAME.

It's like you're saying a student can't even predict what they made on their own exam.

that's all fine and dandy, but the game still looked and ran pretty crappy when it was first supposed to be released. it definitely was not ready to go at the time. i think the delay benefited the 360 version as well. gotta love joystiq's way of spinning the comment to make it seem like it was all because of the ps3.

Whoa now, chill out. I never said the PS3 was the reason. I was quoting an article and saying if the 360 version is further along, release it first, fix kinks in the PS3 version and do what I said. I never said ship an unfinished product.

Take it the PC version is coming later with more features?

def gonna get this for ps3

I most certainly hope so. I really enjoyed all of the GTA series and can't wait for this one.

Well that's nice? lol.

Please keep up. I did not say that they were comparing it to Halo 3. Nobody did. I put it there as an example of because of it's high sales numbers.

And I would also think Rockstar is justified enough to make sales predictions about THEIR OWN GAME.

It's like you're saying a student can't even predict what they made on their own exam.

Wow.... Yes we are not comparing it to Halo 3 but their predictions seems to tell a different story doesn't it. Yes they can make all the predictions they like, but when they pulling such high predictions from their arses, you have to question are they being Realistic or just pure Arrogant. Id say the latter by a mile.

All arguements aside, the game should be good though.