Xbox360 dvd Drive failing?

Well, I got a new console over the summer cause my previous one had the dreaded RROD. Anyways, a few months ago, my console has been acting weird in the sense that its dvd drive won't read my discs anymore. That and I think my drive is also scratching up my discs as well. Anyways, when I put in a game, it usually shows up as only a "Play DVD" option. When I try to run the game It usually brings me to a white screen and tells me that my game really isn't a 360 disc, but it is!. That and when I'm playing the game I usually get the "Unable to read the disc" error when I'm playing halfway thru the game. My question is that Would I be able to get this replaced since it would be under the 1 year warranty I think? Thanks.

Neztea

Well, I got a new console over the summer cause my previous one had the dreaded RROD. Anyways, a few months ago, my console has been acting weird in the sense that its dvd drive won't read my discs anymore. That and I think my drive is also scratching up my discs as well. Anyways, when I put in a game, it usually shows up as only a "Play DVD" option. When I try to run the game It usually brings me to a white screen and tells me that my game really isn't a 360 disc, but it is!. That and when I'm playing the game I usually get the "Unable to read the disc" error when I'm playing halfway thru the game. My question is that Would I be able to get this replaced since it would be under the 1 year warranty I think? Thanks.

Neztea

As long as you have had the console for under a year, you are covered. The sooner you call Microsoft, the faster you can get back to playing games.