Dark_Alex releases custom PSP Firmware v3.90 M33

the original reason I went over was for full resolution videos, but now the overclocking and the iso loading (my own rips) means theres no turning back

only thing I do miss is being able to copy over ps1 games from my ps3

the original reason I went over was for full resolution videos, but now the overclocking and the iso loading (my own rips) means theres no turning back

That can't be done anymore?

CFW issue then? As im sure the whole point in the PSN PS1 store is to be able to play on your PS3 or your PSP.

You can still do that. I did that with my PS3 being Firmware 2.10 and PSP being 3.80 M33-5

3.90 M33 will work too, it just has to be a recent CFW.

That can't be done anymore?

CFW issue then? As im sure the whole point in the PSN PS1 store is to be able to play on your PS3 or your PSP.

precisely, cfw comes up with an error number when you wish to transfer the game, however remote play is fine.

You can still do that. I did that with my PS3 being Firmware 2.10 and PSP being 3.80 M33-5

3.90 M33 will work too, it just has to be a recent CFW.

odd, it works now...

my psp had been from 3.03OE to 3.80-5 m33, must have had some lingering code until I just pandora'd (?) it now when it bricked.

now I need a new spare battery :(

For those wondering if FFVII works on 3.90 M33... It has a LOT of problems, like unplayable. It could just be the file for FFVII thats messed but I dont think so.

To me it seemed

3.90 M33 = FFVII unplayable, anytime I get into a battle or cut scene it does funny stuff

3.80 M33 = FFVII few minor graphical glitches

3.71 M33 = near perfect IMO

This is Sonys problem not DAX or M33's. Sony seems to be changing the code for the PS1 emulator, and of course Sony only checks compatability with the PS1 games they have on the Playstation Store.

now I need a new spare battery sad.gif

no you don't, just convert your pandora battery back to a normal use one- plug the PSP into power without the battery, run the battery utility, insert the battery and convert back to a working battery.

This is Sonys problem not DAX or M33's. Sony seems to be changing the code for the PS1 emulator, and of course Sony only checks compatability with the PS1 games they have on the Playstation Store.

This is one reason i've stuck to 3.40 OE-A; it works for everything I need it to work for.

no you don't, just convert your pandora battery back to a normal use one- plug the PSP into power without the battery, run the battery utility, insert the battery and convert back to a working battery.

its hard modded, I don't kow anyone else with a cfw psp and I managed to brick mine, hence why I needed pandoras battery.

Just tried remote play out, first time I have since PS3 2.10 required PSP 3.80 to work!

It's great :D Watching all my HD movies on my PS3 on my PSP.

You can even watch your TVersity stuff on your PSP through your PS3. So it's like PSP to PS3 to PC :p

Anyone know how the PS3 converts videos on the fly to PSP? Obviously it isn't displaying the movie at 720p on my PSP.

Some quick crappy snaps (on phone) - I'll do digital snaps on request, but I cba charging my camera right now...

DSC00083.jpg

PSN friends list

DSC00084.jpg

PSN store

DSC00082.jpg

PS3 movies on hard drive

DSC00085.jpg

Superbad playing

DSC00086.jpg

Look at all those PS3's folding! :o (in America... my dot is over on the UK :p)

I really think Sony are going to get Home working through the PSP on remote play at somepoint :yes:

Edited by Audioboxer

Just tried remote play out, first time I have since PS3 2.10 required PSP 3.80 to work!

It's great :D Watching all my HD movies on my PS3 on my PSP.

You can even watch your TVersity stuff on your PSP through your PS3. So it's like PSP to PS3 to PC :p

Anyone know how the PS3 converts videos on the fly to PSP? Obviously it isn't displaying the movie at 720p on my PSP.

I always thought it looked like some kind of m-jpeg or something, obviously uncompressed. the lag while trying to play ps1 games via remote play bugged me, so I always copy across. one thing remote play needs is to actually download games, movies, music and pics from PS3, instead of streaming. I think streaming was the wrong way to do it and a better way would be to have a kind of fileserver thing, similar to how the ps3 uses dnla servers.

I always thought it looked like some kind of m-jpeg or something, obviously uncompressed. the lag while trying to play ps1 games via remote play bugged me, so I always copy across. one thing remote play needs is to actually download games, movies, music and pics from PS3, instead of streaming. I think streaming was the wrong way to do it and a better way would be to have a kind of fileserver thing, similar to how the ps3 uses dnla servers.

If you have a 4.5GB HD movie on your PS3 and attempt to copy to PSP thought that = fail :p

Even copying smaller DIVX files wouldn't be effecient as the resolution your AVI file is in on your PS3 will no doubt be higher than the PSP can output at.

Sony would need to transcode movies on the fly for you :/

TVersity supports the PSP as a fileserver so you can cut the PS3 and go PSP to PC if you wish.

Although I do agree Sony should tweak/look for other ways to do remote play as well. How they do it just now is definitely (Y) for a first attempt at doing something like this on a handheld, but there is always room for improvement!

ps. I added some snaps above ;)

I just tried connecting to my PS3 over the internet instead of directly to it with the PSP (direct connect is only useful in your house).

Works great!

My router even supports the PS3, so that if it is off, I can remotely turn it on with the PSP over the internet (and turn it off of course). Obviously the PS3 needs to be on standy to allow this.

Means I can now use my PSP in the airport to watch stuff off my PS3 :p

Hey Guys,

I have a white PSP, that's about a year old - Ive never installed anything like this before; how can I do it?

The software version on the PSP is about a month or two old...

Hey Guys,

I have a white PSP, that's about a year old - Ive never installed anything like this before; how can I do it?

The software version on the PSP is about a month or two old...

Find out what version you are on and I'll try point you in the right direction!

Settings -> System Information

IC1003

You're going to have to create the Pandora battery as it's called. What this does is Unrick/Downgrade any PSP to firmware 1.5. From there you can go to CFW.

Guide I found - http://forums.qj.net/f-guides-hacks-homebr...ery-118799.html

Have a read at that, and I'll see if there is any other Pandora battery guides to help that may be easier.

You only need one battery to do this, but most people like to have two, as after they turn one of their batteries into a Pandora battery they like to leave it as that.

If you only have one battery you can turn it back into a normal battery after you have downgraded to 1.5.

Can I restore my battery back to its normal state after this process?

Yes, you can if you've backed up the contents of your battery's flash into a file on you memory stick; although, this defeats the purpose of having a battery ready for unbricking. That is why you are suggested a spare battery. Freeplay has found some very cheap batteries here. Get them while they're still cheap.

To revert a battery:

* Take out normal battery

* Power on PSP with AC adapter only

* Once XMB comes up, re-insert pandora battery

* Run "Pandora Battery Maker" and press L+R to restore the ms0:/eeprom.bin to your battery

looks like you need the pandoras battery trick, which either requires you know someone with a custom firmware psp or a spare battery

You can do it with your own battery, you don't need two.

See above.

Ah wait, you do need a homebrew PSP to create the files & a spare battery to boot :p

/me is dumb.

# Hardware Requirements

* Two separate PSPs:

o A PSP you want reflashed

o A non-bricked PSP to prepare the files on. This PSP must also be capable of running 1.50 homebrew.

o In theory, this could be done with one PSP. However, this PSP would need to be non-bricked, and capable of running homebrew. It would be much more efficient to use a homebrew flasher in that case. Therefore, the Pandora Battery should only be used to downgrade PSPs or un-brick PSPs.

* A spare battery, of any make. After this process is complete, the PSP will not boot into its normal state with this battery

* A spare Memory Stick Pro Duo, at least 256MB, less than 4GB. The Memory Stick Duo will not work, it must be a Memory Stick Pro Duo

My suggestion? Just buy a pandora battery off ebay. They probably go for like $10.

I now have my own question on this, do PSP slims accept "fat" batteries? I'm buying a slim in the next few months and I'll need to downgrade with the Pandora battery.

I currently have 2 batteries for my fat.

edit answered my own Q - FAT Pandora's battery ON PSP SLIM - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDc-L83f4qE

Jeez 300x edits to this post, :p

Edited by Audioboxer

Ok, so I only need a Pandora Battery?

I understand that the Battery enabled the "Service Mode", but then don't I need files on the memory card?

Ok, so I only need a Pandora Battery?

I understand that the Battery enabled the "Service Mode", but then don't I need files on the memory card?

You need the battery and a memory stick with the files on it!

As Coldgunner said the part you are stumped on is you need a CFW or a PSP on 1.5

Note: You WILL need a 1.50 PSP or a PSP that can run 1.50 Homebrew (such as custom firmware) to create this. If you have official firmware other than 1.50, you can't do it. If you don't have one, find someone with one, or go to forums.qj.net to see if your PSP can be downgraded by other means.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...p;search=Search

There is lots of guides on how to create the battery.

I don't know if someone over the internet can help you with the files or not? (as in one of us who have a CFW PSP).

Looks like you might need to buy the memory stick (preloaded with files) & battery off of ebay.... or find someone in person who has a CFW PSP.

Older PSP firmware could be downgraded in other ways, but I think anything like 3.00 + requires to be downgraded through the pandora battery method.

there is a battery hard mod, although this means you cannot use that battery as a regular battery again

you can buy service mode batteries on ebay and amazon, quite cheap too.