Dark_Alex releases custom PSP Firmware v3.90 M33

Guess what guys? After all my questions, my PSP fat is now running 3.80 M33-5

How do I update to the latest version?

If I ever run "Network Update", will it wipe everything out and put the Sony stuff back on?

Well I took the plunge and chose Network Update, and guess what?? I'm now running 3.90 M33 :D :D

:yes: From 3.80 M33 on, the network update updates you to the latest CFW. It's very nifty ;) You're lucky you didn't try that on 3.71 though, or you would have updated to 3.90 Sony firmware, requiring Pandora to get you back on CFW :pinch:

Thanks guys for putting me on the right track for what I need etc.

Last time I ever thought about doing this on my PSP, it wasn't possible (as it was the wrong "type" of PSP [as in the board in it?]), so I'm well chuffed! Hasn't it all come on leaps and bounds since!

Thanx Guys!

It varies for everyone. For me, irShell is a must have home brew app. Other than that, I'd say the SNES emulator is good too. But I use my psp more for playing music and videos than playing games lol.

Is anyone else getting slow speeds from playing iso or cso? This is the only thing preventing me from going to 3.90M33.

That is most likely to do with your compression level.

Some games lag if you compress them at level 9 (highest).

Also make sure you are running at 333mhz.

There were some problems with the initial releases of 3.80 M33, but it was later fixed. It was an issue with the clock speed staying at the default settings no matter what you set it to. From I believe 3.80 M33 - 3 onward (including 3.90 M33), there is no such issue.