18 year old crashes M5, kills 4 others

If I was the dad, I would be VERY ashamed of myself and I'd go hide someplace.

Who says he and his wife aren't? I'm sure they are absolutely devastated right now, and rightfully so. Tragic the stupid things us guys can do sometimes regardless of financial backing :(

Another stupid kid who did something stupid......surprise surprise......

Spoiled rich kid, gets a high performance car, thinks he can flaunt the laws of physics

and get away with it. The only "tragic" thing about this, is that he took several friends

with him instead of just himself. Gee......3am....you think alcohol was involved?

I'm not sorry for him or his friends, but I am sorry for their families.

Darwin.jpg

This is what sucks. You can be the most careful driver in the world, and one encounter with reckless people like these, you'd also have to pay for it. That's why I never take everything for granted. I never assume that other drivers will operate like they should. If I I'm making a left turn, and I saw a car coming on the opposite side with the right blinker light on , I usually don't just take their blinker for it; I'd wait for them to turn first then go. Cuz one of these days, who knows I'd meet someone who didn't actually intend to turn but had their blinker on.

Gotta be careful, even if you're already careful!

That's scary. I was doing top-speed runs a couple of days ago with my friends. :|

That M5 is unrecognizable.

You're no better than that kid. You're still alive, that's all. Once false move during your top-speed run and you could be injured or dead.

All kids seems to be addict to "Extreme" everything. Speed Kills? Yeah? Cool!!... Whatever... Pedal to the metal. Seat belts? That's for losers... Alcohol? Yeah!!!

Their are school for learning how to speed using sport cars, you need to learn skills, and you do all that on a race track. NOT on the highway, city streets, or some illegal place.

All amateur speeders are accident waiting to happen.

I guess he learned his lesson, I do blame his parents. TBH my parents didn't even bought me a bicycle until I was responsible kid for 2 years. I bought my own car when I was 20. The only accident I have been in is in parking lot backing up my car, which in my whole life I never would have imaging the way I drive.

Also I guess god would agree with me on this one, flying in the air and hitting the tree breaking in half and then bursting into flame :| . He really made an example outta him.

I don't think raising the driving limit would help, instead of inexperienced 18 year olds you'd end up with inexperienced 25 year olds and what about people who need cars to get to work? I don't know what this guy was trying to do but what a waste of a great car.

I would kind of like to find a photo of what his body looked like after that crash.

Think "skeleton wrapped in over-cooked bacon".

This is a lesson to all of us who do occasionally drive fast. I'm guilty of this because I drive a sports car myself. I've always wanted a M5, but I'm not even 20 yet and I'd probably end up killing myself like this guy did.

It's very sad to see this happen to a young kid in the wrong car, but its bound to happen. He's not the only 18 year old driving a $75,000 + car around here.

I feel bad for the families of the victims and the driver, this is a very unfortunate event.

RIP: E60 M5 - another one off the roads... :(

With comments like this you should not be driving at all! Also, you can kill yourself and as many friends as can fit, in ANY car, that is driven irresponsibly by an idiot who has less sense than a bug!

At least he wasn't babying the car. That would have been a bigger waste of a great car.

Once again, comments like this defy description! WTF is your point! Seriously if this is really the way you think, you had better give life a total rethink because your thought process employed at present is utterly flawed.

Once again, comments like this defy description! WTF is your point! Seriously if this is really the way you think, you had better give life a total rethink because your thought process employed at present is utterly flawed.

I'm not sticking up for anyone, but people don't (always) buy $75,000 cars to travel at the same speed as everyone else on the road. The cars are built for luxury and speed. It's not "your grandpa's Buick", so-to-speak.

As long as there are fast cars to buy and drive, people will continue to buy them, drive them, and cause accidents. Just like the people who buy $5,000 dollar cars and floor them and go flying off bridges, killing everyone in them.

I have to admit that buying a car like that and babying it would also be a waste of money. But that doesn't mean I'd drive it like this kid did. I don't think it (quote from Huezo) was the most tactful thing to write (word-wise) but I think there's an understanding about what plenty of people do with cars like this when you are looking to drop that amount of coin...

geez that post on that forum is scary, no way would i trust a 18 year old with 500bhp.. i had 45 horses under the bonnet at that age in my old corsa and learnt alot before jumping in at the deep end

At least he wasn't babying the car. That would have been a bigger waste of a great car.

No, at least he scraped his DAD car and killed himself and a couple of friends too. That's WAY better. Wow, you really think that way?

I understand that sport cars exist, I understand the need for someone to drive one, it's fun, it's fast, powerful, a major + on self esteem, what ever you like. But it's not a TOY, it's dangerous and not only can you harm yourself, you can harm someone else, or even kill.

Like I said, their is a place for everything. Wanna speed? Go at a legal race track and enjoy your car there. Take racing courses. Get the skills required to drive fast.

Not on the highway, not on normal roads and not some illegal place.

geez that post on that forum is scary, no way would i trust a 18 year old with 500bhp.. i had 45 horses under the bonnet at that age in my old corsa and learnt alot before jumping in at the deep end

When i started driving at 15 and a halfish, i started on an inline 6 cylinder jeep grand cherokee and i thought i was going to kill myself with that engine..

If thats the case please do the same and drive yourself very fast off a road, the world will be a safer place.

I was thinking the same thing, but he could kill someone else by doing so... Like that other stupid kid did. And I don't want to raise my warn level by wishing the death of someone. ;)

There are plenty of 20 year olds who are responsible at driving.

Generalizations are usually incorrect.

Yeah.....but for the generalizations that are correct, lives are lost. Irresponsible mindless youth behind the wheel of something they cant handle and who don't give a damn about who they kill in the process.

There are pleanty of 16 year olds who are responsible drivers =/.

I say good. One less moron on the road. The other people in the car with him also got what they deserved for being stupid enough to get in the car with him in the first place. At least no innocent bystanders were killed or hurt.

If one of these moronic speeders were ever to kill or hurt someone I love, they had better hope they are killed in the crash as well, because the things I would do to them if I got my hands on them would literally make them wish they were never even born.

<snipped>

You did wish for someone to die.... That's probably why your post got deleted. Be glad if your warn level has not increased.

If one of these moronic speeders were ever to kill or hurt someone I love, they had better hope they are killed in the crash as well, because the things I would do to them if I got my hands on them would literally make them wish they were never even born.

But the beautiful laws would prevent you of doing such things. In the end, you would be in real trouble, not the speeders.... They could sue you for aggression and guess what, they would win. How many parents of those dead kids would like to punch the irresponsible dad for letting his 18yo drive the M5 ??

Edited by John S.

<snipped>

What's your definition of constructive? Your last post was anything but...maybe if there was actually something relevant in it instead of calling someone else an idiot it would still be there. :rolleyes:

Just too bad about the situation. I bet the dad never imagined that something like this would end up falling under the "ownership and responsibility" side of the equation.

Edited by John S.

It doesn't matter what kind of car it was, its the immaturity of the kid that got them killed. Im 21, drive a 640 rwhp Cobra and would NEVER think about doing high speed runs with friends in the car, only place for high speed is on the track. End of story.

For those saying blame the Father/Parents.

Why? Where does it say that they let him drive the car? It says he was driving his dads car, but whose to say that he didn't just take it after his parents went to bed?

Blame the stupid idiot driving the car.

Well, to sum things up, the driver was an idiot, glad he died. Sorry for his friends, even though they didn't force him to pull the car over, they weren't the ones driver the car. And at those speeds, you can't really do anything to the driver to get him to stop without the possibility of a wreck.

I blame the parents for spoiling the kid (they let him driver a 500+ HP car) and the dumbass driver for driving on an airstrip...

For those saying blame the Father/Parents.

Why? Where does it say that they let him drive the car? It says he was driving his dads car, but whose to say that he didn't just take it after his parents went to bed?

Blame the stupid idiot driving the car.

Since you did not visit M5Board and took the time to read a bit, it's not the first time that this kid drove the car. I can't imagine that the parents NEVER knew about the fact that their kid drove the M5.

I blame the kid, the friends and the parents.