• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

When Vista SP1 RTM is available...

freeza    11

finally downloading! man this is going slow

Spider_Man    0

Wow! That server is dying a slow agonizing death! ROFL

1Frothy    0

Congratulations MS! (Y) cheerleader.gifcheerleader.gifcheerleader.gifcheerleader.gifcheerleader.gifcheerleader.gifcheerleader.gif

So, how long do we have to wait until the RTW? :ninja:

Unimatrix Xero    37
Hands off the F5s boys. It might have RTMed, but endusers will not be getting this baby till March.

Why? Cause Microsoft said so.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2...VistaSP1MA.mspx

Read'em and Weap'em

Also ive just been looking at another site i use to get early releases and they are reporting that the one at winvistaforum isnt the RTM as it doesnt have the dx10.1 updates in it, not sure how true this is but it worth telling just in case

freeza    11

Yup, that's exactly what i'm downloading.

going at 44 KB/s :(

.Kompressor    8

G8 M8, MS FTW, RTM vista SP1 unexpectedly. LOL so RTW and DL date ?

I'm sure any newb on this site would need an idiots guide to neowin's forums. hehe or internet forums for that matter.

god damn acronyms. :wacko:

SMELTN    142

looks like March now?

marc2003    11
64bit: Build 6001.18000 rtm.080118-1840 726mb

32bit: Build 6001.18000 rtm.080118-1840 434mb

SilverB. :)

have we got an official source for those build numbers? they're the same ones that were discussed in this thread last week.....

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=616725

if that really is the case, then i've already had it installed for the last 5 days. :p

1Frothy    0
looks like March now?

Yeah. It feels like an RTM that isn't an RTM at all. I got this feeling that Microsoft dropped the ball with SP1.

mlou5ca    0

Hi:

The build is 18000. It is not the latest. Wait for it to appear on Windows Update.

And for you eager beavers i've found a site with the full release, just downloading now

http://winvistaforums.com/blogs/bios/9-dow...p1-upgrade.html

server for download VERY slow, stupidly SLOW actually 20kb, lol o well!

nekrosoft13    748
I've been running the first RC refresh for a while now. Downloaded the integrated iso from Connect when it was released.

To those folks who are saying that the second refresh is the same build as the RTM: isn't it still timebombed?

RC1 Refresh 2 aka final is not timebombed. at least i set my PC to 2010 and it wasn't ;)

Roger H.    780
And for you eager beavers i've found a site with the full release, just downloading now

http://winvistaforums.com/blogs/bios/9-dow...p1-upgrade.html

server for download VERY slow, stupidly SLOW actually 20kb, lol o well!

that's one is totally old and fake :) I'm guessing they were trying to get some traffic :)

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...amp;p=589185251

sgtLENIN    0

The file and product version on Windows6.0-KB936330-X86.exe is: 6.0.6001.17028 and the digitale signature is timestamped 19. january 2008.

The file is downloaded from http://winvistaforums.com/blogs/bios/9-dow...-upgrade.html... yeah so.. its old. dont bother. dunno whats up with that site.

Oh btw.. heres the Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

The build number on this one is 1840

Edited by sgtLENIN

freeza    11

what's that?

pingloss    1

I'd say if you've been a connect tester and have the final refresh go and have a look at the build timestamp reported in Vista Media Center...Tasks then Settings. Tell me what you think.....

Shof    0

I wish SP1 had an easy slipstream feature like xp sp3

McoreD    22
I wish SP1 had an easy slipstream feature like xp sp3

In Vista SP2 you will :)

Shof    0
In Vista SP2 you will :)

well then thats crappy

ManMountain    56

It's looking more and more probable that Refresh 2 (6001.18000.080118-1840) is SP1 RTM. My reasoning is that Server 2008 RTM is the exact same build as Refresh 2. Bearing in mind that Microsoft want to keep the codes between the two in sync.

If that is the case, then that means Microsoft has failed to include both DirectX 10.1 and to implement anti-counterfeit measures against the OEM BIOS activation workarounds.

The reason for the delay till March is due to a recently discovered device driver problem.

Edited by ManMountain

nekrosoft13    748
It's looking more and more probable that Refresh 2 (6001.18000.080118-1840) is SP1 RTM. My reasoning is that Server 2008 RTM is the exact same build as Refresh 2. Bearing in mind that Microsoft want to keep the codes between the two in sync.

If that is the case, then that means Microsoft has failed to include both DirectX 10.1 and to implement anti-counterfeit measures against the OEM BIOS activation workarounds.

The reason for the delay till March is due to a recently discovered device driver problem.

if thats the case, RTM won't change, it still will remain 6001.18000.080118-1840. they will just release hotfix for that issue.

They already started manufactoring DVDs, they not gonna make few thousands or million of DVDs, just to make another one later in March.

TheTripleX    0

The build number is indeed 18000 (for Windows Server 2008), so I guess it's RTM.

Brandon    299

Ill put vista on my desktop. Ive been having small problems with XP (sound not returning after standby, videos skipping, photoshop taking forever to open files, freezing using explorer)

Raa    1,590
The build number is indeed 18000 (for Windows Server 2008), so I guess it's RTM.

You're ABSOLUTELY right. Win2k8 is indeed build 18000.

What relevance does that have to Vista SP1 final? Why, nothing at all!

Still, it's good info to know :)