[UK] Penalty for carrying a pillion on a provisional

A pillion is a passenger on a bike.

According to the Govt. website: "Your driving licence is automatically revoked if you build up six or more penalty points within two years of passing your first driving test. This includes any penalty points you had before passing the test, which are still valid. You?ll have to reapply for your driving licence as a learner driver and resit your driving test."

So you are permitted a maximum of 6 penalty points and MS20 points stay on your license for 4 years before they are removed.

If you've already had this (the fact that you're saying MS24 which isn't a code I'm familiar, and I work in the industry) then yes you still keep your license, you will need to send your provision away to be endorsed and they will confirm the exact number of points - although according to that website it is, indeed, 3 points.

Ad

If you've already had this (the fact that you're saying MS24 which isn't a code I'm familiar, and I work in the industry)...

According to the page I posted in my first post, an MS20 is 'Unlawful pillion riding', and at the bottom it says:

Causing or permitting

Offences as coded, but with 0 changed to 4 eg LC10 becomes LC14.

So that would make it an MS24 wouldn't it?