Anyone have experience with a Dell 2407WFP-HC & XBOX360 @ 1080p?

Hey guys, im getting a Dell 2407WFP-HC soon and an Xbox360 Arcade, was just wondering if anyone has had experience with running the 360 at 1920x1080 on that LCD?

I would be using DVI for my macbook, but the 2407 also has a VGA input and Component...

I understand that VGA & Component are analogue, would it matter? I dont know to what extent i could be ****ed switching cables around constantly (if I have to use the laptop & 360 through DVI)

What would be the best way to do this?

Thanks

BTW - says on the dell site it has HDCP for DVI only, or it appears as though thats what its saying... Whats this? Needed for 360?

Edited by se7en.hu

if the monitor has the component inputs you would be fine using that for the 360.. however... using the VGA cable you may see other benefits.. such as upscailing of DVDs... other people have complained about washed out colors using the vga cable... i would suggest trying the component cables out first(since you wont have any additional costs) and if it looks good.. stick with it... you could also go with a HDMI to DVI cable as well..... for now.. you should not have to worry about HDCP...

edit - just saw the 1080p... you may be limited to 1080i if your monitor does not accept 1080p via component... you could just use vga for the laptop ... i dont think you will run into any problems running that resolution...

OK cool. Thanks, ill probably use VGA then as I just read on some Cnet review of my (soon mine) Dell monitor and it said that it wont accept 1080p over component, so Ill probably end up using DVI for my laptop and VGA for the xbox and hope all is well. :)

I got that monitor (damn nice one too :) ) and I run my 360 (and PS3) through it on VGA and DVI respectively. You don't need to worry about the HDCP as that is for HD content (mainly the HD-DVD movies for the 360) and I don't think many studios even use it yet. If your 360 has HDMI you can run it via DVI (with a HDMI to DVI cable) or if your 360 doesn't have that, VGA is the next best bet.

I have to admit the picture does look a bit "washed out" running over VGA. I never really noticed it before till I spend nearly 3 months playing exclusively on my PS3 (360 was been repaired). You get used to it though and it does look fantastic still :)

I'm not sure if that monitor can do 1080p as I've been told to run at 1080p the refresh rate must be 60Hz. As that monitor (mine anyway) when running at 1920x1080 is only 59Hz so it might only be 1080i? but I'm not sure, someone wanna clear things up for me?