The $6 million home theatre

http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9866428-1...l?tag=cnetfd.mt

If your typical high-end home theater with rows of plush seats, velvet wallpaper, and popcorn machines offers Cadillac levels of performance and luxury, then Jeremy Kipnis' $6 million ultimate home theater is more like a fire-breathing Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano, the fastest production Ferrari ever built.

This home theater is all about aggressively advancing the state of the art of picture and sound presentation. Yes, it's comfortable and beautiful, but its prime directive is a quest for the very best. Nothing, and I mean nothing, is overlooked. Kipnis won't settle for second best.

Maybe, just maybe, it's a little bit over the top.... But hey, having the space and money (money to burn, cheap change!) I'd probably love to have something like that.

Did you see the amount and size of the speakers? 16 subs!!! And the amps? What about the external power generator!!! Wow.... It's crazy.

Can you imagine the size/price of the house required to have such a installation!!!

That is BY FAR the ugliest home theatre I have ever seen :x

and to drop 6 million on that?

also three seats are u kidding me?

I would take up three seats lying down or putting my feet up so why on earth would I drop 6 million to only watch the movie by myself?

I wouldn't pay for this if I had billions as pocket change!!

The pic is just a demo. The company customizes it for your home. That's probably in a showroom somewhere.

Also: note the author of the article. ;)

holy mofo... that's a lot of speakers. LOL I'd rather me a nice projector and a 7.1 setup with tons of seats.. movies are boring (somewhat) by yourself. Invite all the friends over so enough room for 8 people is mandatory (for me!)

holy mofo... that's a lot of speakers. LOL I'd rather me a nice projector and a 7.1 setup with tons of seats.. movies are boring (somewhat) by yourself. Invite all the friends over so enough room for 8 people is mandatory (for me!)

I agree, if you're going to drop down that much money for a home theatre, make it so that you can enjoy the movie with a large group. When I watched Transformers, it was more enjoyable in the theatre with everyone being all into it than when I watched it a second time with my wife, who had saw it for the first time then and didn't laugh nearly as much at the jokes, and as such, didn't liven my humor as being with an audience did, so it definitely helps the experience. That many speakers is overkill. You could very likely get an equal result with far less.

• 3 weeks later...