Mac's will always be more expensive than PC's

We dont need more arguements over pricing of mac vs pc :) i think we could agree that mac is generally (not always by any means) more expensive than pc, each has its benefits and i do think that the extra price is worth it for some people, i love the macs in my schools art department, they are great for doing arty things on :D But since i play games id rather use a pc, since its simpler due to support, can you play pc games on a mac with that bootcamp thing? (sorry forgottern its exact name)

Anyway, im thinking of getting a mac laptop for university (quite a way off yet) then using that boot thingy for office, i prefer pc's for desktops but as for laptops i love the design of the MBP and OSX is very sleek, since laptops are a rip off anyway i might as well get a nice looking one for a bit of extra price (in my opinion :p)

Also pc desktops are good for me because i like fiddling with hardware and upgrading :rolleyes:

My sister has had vista since release on her laptop and hasn't had any problems, she isnt computer 'savvy' at all and manages to not crap it up like others say they have, maybe there's more chance of crapping it up if you are good with computers because you are more adventurous? :happy:

Edited by Minimoose

I've spent a lot of time around macs, and i can tell you, i've found them far less stable than my pc, maybe my (vista) pc is somehow lucky, or maybe all the macs i've used were just unlucky, but, from my own experience at least, that statement is completely invalid, and i would hazzard a guess at blatant, advertising fueled fanboyism.

Not meaning to offend you, but seeing that made me seethe

Don't worry, you can't offend LTD, he loves his Mac too much to care about any criticism.

I've actually never had a crash with Vista or a kernel panic with Leopard. But I did have at least three or four kernel panics with Tiger. In fact, the only Windows system I've ever had crash on me was Windows 95, and that was over a decade ago.