Transparent

Hi Getchoo

Quick query regarding the transparent text icons when you hover the mouse pointer over an item.

This is supposed be be there in XP by default and, apparently, if you remove the desktop version near systray, by choosing to 'lock the taskbar', then you lose this feature.

I have never had this from the start. I downloaded your zip file and extracted it in explorer, it then shows a transparent window. What are you supposed to do with it then and as I said earlier, this is supposed be be there by default?

Regards

Dave

The transparent icon text bit is in XP by default. It can be switched on in the computer properties -> visualisation settings (I'm not running XP at the moment so I could be wrong :p)

The program above makes windows transparant by switching it on and off (clicking on the taskbar icon) while it's hidden in the taskbar.

Originally posted by walters17  

Anyone know how to get Transparetn windows and stuff in XP? I have seen it in screenshots. Yet i do not know how to do it myself. :(

can i use it under win2k?

One of the best ways of getting transparent windows (of customizable degrees), transparent icon text and alpha blended icons and other goodies is to get hold of WindowsFx from Stardock. Its shareware but worth buying for the enhanced features.

http://www.stardock.com/products/windowfx

I rarely buy these types of eye candy progs.... but I reckon this is worth it.

:s

Unfortunately the full - enhanced - versions of Stardock products require the purchase over the net.... you then get sent a url to the location of the enhanced version along with the registration code to enter.

Far be it for be to encourage Neowin users to shell out their green-backs (to coin a US term) but it is worth it as the products are great, user newsgroups very helpful plus you get free updates very frequently.

The cost isn't too much for a cracking product IMHO.

Originally posted by cheekymonkey  

One of the best ways of getting transparent windows (of customizable degrees), transparent icon text and alpha blended icons and other goodies is to get hold of WindowsFx from Stardock. Its shareware but worth buying for the enhanced features.

http://www.stardock.com/products/windowfx  

I rarely buy these types of eye candy progs.... but I reckon this is worth it.

I find those programs to be memory hogs. But yeah they still deserve recommendation :D

• Like 1